thanks pravus

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default thanks pravus

best summation of this car Ive read and I truly appreciate it. I printed it and put it in my glove box. Thanks so much.

yesterday when I went to the dealer for the interior upgrade, I was waiting in the showroom and was looking and a 06 FEH. A salesman came up and we started talking about the car. Several more came over, and I realized I was educating them about the car and telling them things they had no idea about. Now, this is a shame, because I am a " newgreenie". When I came back to get my car, I was asked if Id be interested in being paid once a month to have a training session for new hybrid buyers. While I was flattered that my piddling information was impressive to them, I declined and suggested they tell people instead about this website because I truly couldnt answer all the questions the real techno folks would ask and that I make a fool of myself on this website most of the time. The point of relating this story is that no one at the dealership really knows a whole lot about these cars. If I had not found this website, I would be driving my car like a basic Escape, not getting max performance and I would thus be unhappy with the purchase. So in the end, I told them to find someone better than me or refer to the website but they do need to do something.

Thanks again for the terrific post.
Anne

Old 12-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: thanks pravus

I think you should reconsider, Anne.

You obviously have superior inter-personal skills, and that is what the dealership was attracted to, not your technical knowledge per se.

Ambassadors may not be paid a lot, but it is a high satisfaction endeavor

Old 12-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

First of all, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 22 shades of red, it's very nice to get thanks, and I appreciate that you took the time to do so; it certainly makes what I did much more satsifying. (Though I'll admit I was secretly hoping that when I clicked on this it would be filled with people agreeing with your sentiment. ) Sometimes I'm amazed that any of you listen to a punk kid like me, let alone respect me so much.

Anyway, like Eric, I think you may be underestimating yourself. If they're wanting to have you talk to hybrid owners, you must be doing something right.

Originally Posted by newgreenie
I was asked if Id be interested in being paid once a month to have a training session for new hybrid buyers.
Oh man, I would so love to do that.

Ford, Russ Milne, any other Ford Dealer in the Metro Detroit area hear that? I'd be willing to do it!

Really, I don't deserve the thanks, it's people like you who are ready and willing to change and try it out that deserve the credit. After all, what good is information if no one wants it? However, that said, I'll gladly take the credit; it sure is nice every now and then to have some.

That said, thank you for being so thoughtful to post this thread.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:59 PM

Rich, I think you feel the same as everyone else does with posting their thoughts and opinons of the FEH or MMH. There is no question that you are a great help to this site. Some will never think about the long research you put into it or the gift you gave all. Your far ahead of most 26 yr. old's. You have my respect.

Phillip is also a very giving person at the age of 59. I consider him a wise person also.

The women posting here are very sincere and smart also. I must thank them for their imput and opinions. I trully love the fact that some can drive the FEH or MMH better than their hubbies. These are lucky guys IMO.

Xcel, Steve and Ray have given the most for the Ford Escape at this site. They have been here the longest and given gifts to us they didn't know they gave. They gave it but got no credit for it from us, they have my respect also.

We all need to share the gifts for others like Pravus and not take things personal. Thats my problem with political issues. Attacks only bring on more attacks. Help only brings on more help.

GaryG

Old 12-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Post Re: thanks pravus

I have to whole heartily agree with Gary on - “There is no question that you are a great help to this site. Some will never think about the long research you put into it or the gift you gave all. You’re far ahead of most 26 yr. old's. You have my respect.” I know as many of you do just how time consuming but meticulous the work that went into the “FAQ” thread and hated to see all that useful info buried under replies. I had started gathering for the thread ‘For Us New On The Block’ just a small portion of what Rich has – I Gave Up!!

I had not responded on ‘this’ thread – but did sent an email to Rich thanking him for all he has done not just here but for all hybrid owners in generous help to all of us out here.

Besides Rich, Gary, xcel (In the ‘Prius "hypermileage" Marathon’ The highest mileage on a single shift was 120.6 mpg, logged by Wayne Gerdes - xcel) - I am not even going to try and start listing the names of everyone that has GIVEN (i.e. To permit one to have or take) of their knowledge to us on how to get the best out of not just our vehicles but ourselves. They could have just as easily kept their info to themselves and enjoyed Great gas mileage or other secrets from as small as to cut down on the wind noise and to increase tire pressure to how the whole Hybrid system works in harmony, and explain such a complex subject in a way that even us OLD rednecks can understand it .

There is a wealth of information contained here on this forum. I have been to many other forum sites, and gleaned what I could from them, but it seems that the best and brightest seem to migrate here.

Man I want to contribute something original but - - - -

Thanks again to All, and especially a big round of applause on the great work from Rich.

Phillip

P.S. Gary – are you inferring that I am OLD – heck yeah - ‘I am as old as dirt’

Old 12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Site Founder

Wow, what a heartwarming thread! It's nice that our members appreciate each other so much. The community is great and I'm glad to have a hand in it. As it says on the bottom of every page: This website is made possible by people like you. Thank you!