View Poll Results: Do you want Willard to leave?
I want Willard to leave
84.85%
I want Willard to stay
15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Should Willard stay or leave?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Should Willard stay or leave?

Originally Posted by wwest
Well, that confirms it....

The new 2010 RX350, along with the new Toyota Venza, has a "new" awd drive system that is virtually a replica of the one in the Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute, and more likely than not the CX-7 (***).

The 2010 RX350 owners manual awd description reads the same as the Escape and CX-7 so I suspect a high level of commonality, if not totally so.

ROFL...nothing like a village idiot to come on a FORD Escape Hybrid forum and post about how a vehicle that is not even out and that he has not driven is going to be a virtual replica of another vehicle that he does not own or drive.

Way to validate your all but meaningless existence on this forum but feel free to go run about on the Toyota and Lexus forums with your vast library of opinion and speculation.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Enthusiast

willard should stay with-in his own little sphere and away from FEH forums.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Willard, you have had some meaningful posts in the past.
Lately, in this area they have been mostly meaningless.
I don't want to be mean.
I'm not going to vote because I think this whole thread is terrible.
I think Willard should stay and not post.
I want you to read everything of interest to you.
I want you to post questions that interest you.
I want you NOT to post theories or personal opinion in the FEH section.
I want you to do this on your own.
Thanks.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Without feedback from the "masses" how would I know TRUTH from theory or personal opinion...??

Don't we now have concession that I was right all along on the F/awd issue...??

And I have yet to see a factual refutation of my sub-34F regen reduction.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Willard you know you want an FEH so bad you can't stand it. The only reason you don't have one already is not because it's made by Ford, but because you can't stand the fact it's not made by Toyota!

I won't vote here, he's just bad mouthing Ford becasue he needs to justify spending too much for his Toy's. I think the poll should be "Should Willard by a FEH!" Even he would vote yes on that!

Did you get rid of that FWD (POS) '97 Subaru yet? I sure don't miss relacing ours with the FEH! Of course you've heard about the cat like FEH winter handling for several winters now...

Old 01-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
Without feedback from the "masses" how would I know TRUTH from theory or personal opinion...??

Don't we now have concession that I was right all along on the F/awd issue...??

And I have yet to see a factual refutation of my sub-34F regen reduction.
Willard, here's how it works in the scientific community.

You announce a radical, exciting new theory and you prove it and ask your colleagues to prove it and they do. The wider community proves it and it becomes accepted. You become famous.

OTOH, if you announce a theory and your colleagues come up with other results and you can't even prove your own theory, how do you expect that to become accepted?

If you announce a theory and no-one refutes it, does that make it a fact? Maybe they're just ignoring you? Other people have said they get different results and you want real proof? The only thing I see is that you can't accept being wrong.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by spud
Willard you know you want an FEH so bad you can't stand it.

No, should I decide to go that way it would be an MMH.

The only reason you don't have one already is not because it's made by Ford, but because you can't stand the fact it's not made by Toyota!

Toyota/Lexus...Aren't those the guys that bungled the RX, HL, Camry, Sienna, etc, transaxle design back late in the last century and haven't yet arrived at a satisfactory fix...?? Whereas Ford, for the Edge, adopted a variable dispalcement ATF pump to solve the very same problem and improve FE to an even greater extent at the same time.

Google for:

wwest abolition hesitation

Toyota/Lexus...Aren't those the guys (Idiots) that can't design/build an automatic climate control system that doesn't put lives at risk...???

Google for:

wwest defrost/defog/demist denso

Toyota/Lexus...Aren't those the guys who cannot design/build a truly functional F/awd system, then "fall-back" on the truly substandard FEH/MMH/Tribute F/AWD while the folks over at Honda find it a piece of cake..SH-AWD.

Google for:

wwest Viscous diff'l F/AWD

I won't vote here, he's just bad mouthing Ford becasue he needs to justify spending too much for his Toy's. I think the poll should be "Should Willard by a FEH!" Even he would vote yes on that!

I already voted YES on this one...

Did you get rid of that FWD (POS) '97 Subaru yet?

I have never owned a Subaru and NEVER will. Perhaps you're thinking of our '94 Ford Aerostar R/AWD (4 of them over the years). Used primarily as backup, ski trips, for the F/awd (mostly non-functional) RX300.

No, that can't be, the R/AWD Aerostar is far from a POS..!!

I sure don't miss relacing ours with the FEH! Of course you've heard about the cat like FEH winter handling for several winters now...
After just learning that the new 2010 RX350 will be adopting the Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner F/awd system I have decided I will keep my current '01 F/awd RX300. In the alternative I may go out and try to buy a leftover 2009 F/awd as a method to prolong the BIG decision.

The VC version of the RX300/350 F/awd system can be easily converted to R/AWD whereas the F/awd system of the FEH/MMH/Tribute can only be converted to RWD and PART-TIME 4WD.

Insofar as Ford is concerned were they to put the MMH hybrid design in the CX-7 and adapt the CX-7 to the SH-AWD system I would be waiting with checkbook in hand. Oh, it appears that the CX-7 currently uses the FEH/MMH F/awd system but those owners clearly do not like being told so.

Were Ford to "clone" the LS400 series (absent the life-threatening Denso climate control design) but with the Lexus GS's hybrid system that would also "perk" my interest.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by colchiro
willard, here's how it works in the scientific community.

You announce a radical, exciting new theory and you prove it and ask your colleagues to prove it and they do. The wider community proves it and it becomes accepted. You become famous.

Otoh, if you announce a theory and your colleagues come up with other results and you can't even prove your own theory, how do you expect that to become accepted?

If you announce a theory and no-one refutes it, does that make it a fact? Maybe they're just ignoring you? Other people have said they get different results and you want real proof? The only thing i see is that you can't accept being wrong.
cold-fusion....??!!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

He should stay - he's no more annoying than some of the other know-it-alls.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM

I was the first to vote Willard should stay because he has as much rights to post his opinions in this forum as we have to post in other forums. Willard has broke no rules and has always responded in a kind way.

GaryG

Quick Reply: Should Willard stay or leave?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands