Sharp chirps coming from Hybrid exhaust when moving

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast
Question Sharp chirps coming from Hybrid exhaust when moving

Hey everyone...first post on this site!

I have a new 2006 FEH and after about 1000 miles I started hearing a very high pitched chirp coming from the rear driver's side area near the battery exhaust window. I've taken it to 2 dealers and it still persists. One dealer thought it may be the shocks that ride up within the shaft and they said they lubed it which did help...for about 20m leaving the dealership

Sounds like a loose cable, but not sure of the layout and did not want to play around. Any ideas? It only happens while moving and seems to be getting worse and more consistent. My short term fix; turn up the radio!

Thanks,

Matt

Old 11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sharp chirps coming from Hybrid exhaust when moving

Frankly it sounds more like you have the rear suspension squeak thats in another thread. There is a fix for that. It sounds like rubber and its hard to locate but I'd bet its the same sound.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sharp chirps coming from Hybrid exhaust when moving

Sounds like the rear end squeek. There is a TSB posted in another thread and the part to fix it is on nationwide backorder now for almost 3 weeks.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-end.4506.html

The easiest way I've found to "check for it" is to open the rear hatch....stand behind the rear bumper and place your hands on the driver's side of the cargo area next to the "wheel hump". Begin to press up and down rapidly but NOT in rhythym like you are trying to rock the car....more in a random pattern like you are driving down a bumpy road.