Service says no problem.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
ck8
Enthusiast
Default Re: Service says no problem.......

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had thought about a bad batch of gas but that doesn't seem to be it as mileage has not improved. When I picked it up, the service guys said both he and the hybrid tech test drove and they say everything is running normally. The weather is getting colder but here. I will continue to monitor the situation and may ask to test drive a new model to see if it drives differently. The funny thing is that I noticed the high RPM's before the mileage hit happened which tells me that something is definatly not right. Also, one of the problems is now that I am at college, I drive very little unless I go back home which is a 270 mile drive. THanks again for all the suggestions.

P.S. several of you said that you regularly drive in L and don't notice a fuel hit. Is this true of sustained highway driving at 65-70 mph? Thanks again.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service says no problem.......

Originally Posted by ck8
The weather is getting colder but here.

P.S. several of you said that you regularly drive in L and don't notice a fuel hit. Is this true of sustained highway driving at 65-70 mph? Thanks again.
Don't dismiss the impact cold weather and short trips has on mileage. The combination can be devastating to your average. My wife does mainly short trips and in the warm weather her tanks are 34 or so mpg. This last tank in the colder weather was under 27.

I use L all the time except on the interstate when I switch it to drive but as long as your foot is on the gas pedal, L or D doesn't matter. The difference comes when you let off the gas and regen is different.