scanguage reading question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default scanguage reading question

I've got an 05 Escape Hybrid and just finished inputting the Traction Motor speed and Generator Motor speed guage into my scanguage and have questions about the readings. First is it normal that the tration motor gives rpm readings no matter what speed your going and second is it normal to get a negative reading from the generator readings?

Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: scanguage reading question

Originally Posted by motleycrew
I've got an 05 Escape Hybrid and just finished inputting the Traction Motor speed and Generator Motor speed guage into my scanguage and have questions about the readings. First is it normal that the tration motor gives rpm readings no matter what speed your going and second is it normal to get a negative reading from the generator readings?
Yes to both. The traction motor is directly connected to the front wheels so anytime they are turning the traction motor is turning. The generator can spin forwards or backwards depending on the engine RPM and vehicle speed. When backing up the traction motor speed is also negative.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: scanguage reading question

thanks for your reply the reading at first made me wonder and wish there was a place online that would list the 'normal' reading for everything the scanguage gives you.