Scangauage upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Scangauage upgrade?

So I just bought a new to me '99 Ranger. I think it has the 3.0 Flex Fuel (But don't know how to confirm this yet)

Anyway I want to use my SG in that to get a feel for 'normal' readings, and see that on SG.com there's an update to like 4.2, I have like 3.15 (*?)

Whats new/different in the new version? Worth $25?

Is there a code for oil pressure? Today the ranger had 0 or pegged L oil pressure for a mile, then it jumped to normal. I'm hoping it's electrial/gauge not a problem with the truck!

How accurate are the gauges if I just move the SG car to car w/o changing the setup to each engine type?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Default Re: Scangauage upgrade?

FYI I got this from LL:

- The ScanGaugeII now has a performance feature that allows you to record your vehicle's short trips and lets you go back and view 0-60 times, stopping times and distance.
- The engineers have designed a new menu systems that is easy to navigate and also a new user manual which is much easier to understand than the original
- The new software has corrected some minor bugs that were in the previous software, such as finding certain trouble codes (on rare occasion, some vehicles would display a P0000 code reading on the ScanGaugeII).
- There is now more enhanced X-Gauge capability
- Changes were made to units and now the ScanGaugeII can display KPL (kilometers per liter) and inches of mercury for the manifold reading.
- Currencies were added and now the ScanGaugeII can display Pounds, Euros, Yen, US dollars, and Yuan
- A feature was added that allows you to calibrated the ScanGaugeII in order to figure out boost [(if you vehicles reports MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)] and horsepower.
- Average miles per gallon (AVG) and Trip Fuel Cost (TFC) were added as standard gauges
- A minor protocol (CAN long ID) glitch was fixed
- The compatibility issue between the SG2 and Mercedes Benz vehicles was resolved.
Unfortunately, we do not have oil pressure available for Ford vehicles.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 AM

The current latest revision as of today (11/05/13) is 4.12, not 4.2. The last MAJOR revision was 4.02. Mine is 4.06 and there were no changes from 4.06 to 4.12 that relate to a FEH.

IMO it's worth sending yours in...those are substantial updates.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 PM

Thanks for fixing it, I have short term memory loss aparently!