Scan gauge question??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Default Re: Scan gauge question??

Hi Phillip

Ron must have made the bucks to reinvest and improve the SG off the many who bought from these forums. If I were them, I wouldn't have stated that an even more improved one will be available in August. Then again, the price may go up from $169 after that.

Also Phillip, please post this on the other forums sent you found the info.

GaryG

Old 05-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just ordered the new version, I will post how I like it compared to the old one when I receive it.

~John

Old 05-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Megageek

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi Phillip

Ron must have made the bucks to reinvest and improve the SG off the many who bought from these forums. If I were them, I wouldn't have stated that an even more improved one will be available in August. Then again, the price may go up from $169 after that.

Also Phillip, please post this on the other forums sent you found the info.

GaryG
They actually said that a USB INTERFACE will be available in August. Since the cable in the new model is detachable, I'm assuming that it will be a module that replaces or plugs into the cable that come with the SG2. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth looking into. I can't tell if they made any functional improvements or added any guages. Anyone heard?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Enthusiast

A quick question about the scanguage. I know that it is programable -- can it be programed to display the state of charge of the hybrid battery?

Old 05-21-2006, 06:12 PM

Hi Scott and Dennis

Scangauge is making some upgrades for the lean burn Honda's and a SD card addition will be in the future (August hopefully) for data history. Wayne Gerdes talked to Ron Delong and the SG 11 will be upgraded with the new USB if you send the unit back, free of charge.

Dennis, the SOC of the battery is not available on the SG 11, and I dont expect we will see that gauge anytime soon. Ford really should consider the gauge as standard equipment IMO.

GaryG

Old 06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Got the new ScanGauge II & I really like it. It is WAY smaller than the ugly original setup & WAY better looking also.

It is small enough that I mounted it next to the 12v outlet in front of the shifter with velcro. You can adjust the color of the display to almost any color you want, it is a little confusing as you have to use combinations of red, blue green etc. -but after messing with it for a while I was able to match the green color of the Escape gauges just about perfectly.

~John

Old 06-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok I'm going to add a question to this. Regarding the SoC or lack of SoC display on the scanguage, can this not be done with the programmable codes that they mention? Would it not be a matter of determining which code pertains to the SoC, and requesting it? Sure it might not be in the form of a gauge... and maybe we'd have to translate the value that comes back into something meaningful, but shouldn't be too hard.

Now if they're going to be releasing a new version of the SG in August, that claims to have field upgrades, could we not request, that a feature be added to have a custom guage based on one of the programmable codes?

I'm very much considering buying one later in the summer, but I was hoping to have the ability to finally get my hands on a SoC reading without having the Nav unit.