Regen Braking

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Regen Braking

Willard continues to fail to provide evidence of what he posted about the effect of outside air temperature on regenerative braking in a FEH. He is known to twist and turn and move off topic in his replies. He should be ignored in this section of Greenhybrid.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 AM

Willard, please leave.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Agree, Willard: Please Leave

Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by gpsman1
. . .
The following actual data shows battery amps ( regen pink and assist green ) as a near linear function of battery temperature with no regard for outside air temperaure.

. . .
Thanks John!

I was aware of the temperature effects on battery capacity but it is always nice to see charts showing it in the field.

A little off topic, it looks like there may be a source of E85 in Coleman AL, about 40 minutes from my home. This means I'll get a chance in the Spring to do some E30 testing with my Prius.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 01-12-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Thanks John!

I was aware of the temperature effects on battery capacity but it is always nice to see charts showing it in the field.

A little off topic, it looks like there may be a source of E85 in Coleman AL, about 40 minutes from my home. This means I'll get a chance in the Spring to do some E30 testing with my Prius.

Bob Wilson
Just to note that the MxC value John used in making the chart is not current, but power. Take the MxC value and divide by two to get the power in kW. To get amps you need to divide the MxC by the HV battery voltage. The general trend does not change, of course.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Yeah... I know the chart is old... handy to post, a pain to edit... but like you said, the picture stays the same... only the numbers on the Y-axis change a little. The peak on the chart becomes ~ 100 amps.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Just to note that the MxC value John used in making the chart is not current, but power. Take the MxC value and divide by two to get the power in kW. To get amps you need to divide the MxC by the HV battery voltage. The general trend does not change, of course.
Now you have me really confused. If I take the MxC value, "54.0"(peak regen) to get power...27KW, and then compute for current....power...P=I*E....I=P/E...27000 watts, 275 volts =~100 Amps.

Why the divide by 2 of the left column numbers, what was their original meaning...??

Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart
Willard, please leave.
Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy
Agree, Willard: Please Leave
I think Willard has you two in his ignore list (in User CP).

Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 PM

Who...??

Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Hi folks,

As a moderator, our goals are to encourage a free and open discussion by:
  • minimizing SPAM or freeloader marketing
  • minimizing abusive language directed at individuals
But there is a gray area when someone just rubs you the wrong way but they aren't SPAMers or abusive. For example, when I came to GreenHybrid three years ago, many well meaning Honda owners tried to offer advice about the Prius cars not realizing how different these two types of hybrids are. They honestly were trying to be helpful but didn't really understand the differences.

One approach to 'bad speech' is 'better speech.' That means researching and posting well documented facts and data. A little harder, it means finding original source material that supports your understanding as well as running 'experiments'. It takes more work but often it leads to new insights for the researcher.

Another approach is "User CP" has an option that allows you to "ignore" someone you don't care for. We had a troll several years ago, a self described "Captain" who posted every hybrid skeptic lie and falsehood imaginable. But he was 'well behaved' and wasn't selling anything but a complete fantasy. Nor was he pursaded by facts and data, he had his anti-hybrid nonsense to spread. In his case, I got a lot of relief by putting him on my "ignore" list.

Play nice and we'll all have fun and maybe even learn something,
Bob Wilson
Thank you so much for this information. I had no idea I could do this and highly encourage all to ignore wwest. He has no intention of doing anything other than discredit the FEH/MMH which he freely admits he does not own. He has stated his son drives a FE but it is not a FEH therefore irrelevent. I now can read in peace without having to subject myself to the idiotic postings of a person who is obviously killing time between naps by irritating others.

Quick Reply: Regen Braking

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands