"Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Thank you for your help, my car's vin did not match the recall, however , this the problem that I am having. Any idea how to get my vehicle on this list??

Jill

Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

The cables that are being replaced are the cables to my 330V battery pack. How do I get this stuff covered?? The vehicles first warranty states that it covers hybrid battery and special parts, and that is it transferable, so how do I get the dealership to cover my repairs under this warranty??

Originally Posted by Scahpe
You need to ask them SPECIFICALLY if this repair is for the "HIGH VOLTAGE 330V BATTERY PACK", and if so there is no reason this wouldn't be covered under warranty (unless the vehicle had a salvage title), regardless of the recall or not.

If they are talking about the cables for the "LOW VOLTAGE 12V BATTERY" then it probably won't be covered.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jill,

If no recall, then you must rely on the warranty to cover the cost of repairs. Hybrid unique components are limited to the high-voltage battery, electronically controlled continuously variable transmission and the DC/DC converter. Below is a quote from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty:

Your vehicle’s unique components are covered during the Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid Unique Component Coverage, which lasts for
eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The following parts are covered during this extended coverage period: high-voltage battery,
electronically controlled continuously variable transmission and the DC/DC converter. Note: Some components may also be covered by the
Emissions Warranties.
I feel your pain. I am getting the same message and triange with exclamation point inside. I bought my 2006 FEH 4WD used with 60,000-miles on it, and I had to replace the door motor to the battery about 5,000-miles later (only a few months ago), and now this.

This was my first used car purchase, and it will probably be my last. If I do buy used again, it will be certified, pre-owned from a foreign manufacturer.

Last edited by Escape_from_Hanover; 12-09-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you for all this GREAT information. I have one more question for anyone that may be able to answer:

Is the recalled battary harness causing the battarty cables to have corrosion?? I just want to know if this is what was happening, that way I can call FORD again and try to get this covered. Maybe they missed a recall??? I can only hope because the price I am paying for these cables is all my X-mas money :-(

Jill

Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scahpe
You need to ask them SPECIFICALLY if this repair is for the "HIGH VOLTAGE 330V BATTERY PACK", and if so there is no reason this wouldn't be covered under warranty (unless the vehicle had a salvage title), regardless of the recall or not.

If they are talking about the cables for the "LOW VOLTAGE 12V BATTERY" then it probably won't be covered.
This is unfortunately not necessarily true. I've had two actuator motors for a door in the HV battery replaced. They were NOT covered by the factory warranty on the hybrid parts. The language in the warranty is very specific to the parts covered. The summary everyone posts (all hybrid unique parts, etc.) is NOT the actual coverage. The harness might or might not be covered. Typically, however, recalls are usually paid for by the manufacturer warranty or not.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Does not seem to have been any 'voluntary recall' in Canada. Anyone here know if this 'resistor' fix was done up here at all? I have'nt read all 18 pages of this post, so may missed something. To sum up tho, am I right in saying that it is generally agreed here that the 'resistor' fix was a ruse to fix something else? Or just to reprogram bat ops?

Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranger01
To sum up tho, am I right in saying that it is generally agreed here that the 'resistor' fix was a ruse to fix something else? Or just to reprogram bat ops?
I think anyone that believes that is pretty much speculating based on very little evidence.

I thought the issue was corrosion on the resistor/harness. That doesn't necessarily require a LEAK or anything of the sort to happen. Its entirely possible they fix just what they say they fix, but since we don't hear the full engineering information, we are left to speculate as to what is going on.

As for the reprogram. Frankly I'm not surprised they reflash the module. Part of the information on that module is calibration coefficients and etc. taking a resistor out, or changing one might require a reflash.... also, it sounds like the "failure" is a false one (speculation there too). In other words the car shuts down because it THINKS something is serously wrong because of the resistor issue, but in fact its just a problem with the resistor. The reprogramming MIGHT just be to make it so any future failure of the sort just gives you a warning light rather than shutting the whole darn thing down. We don't know, so lets hold off on the conspiracy theories.

I really don't see the need for a conspiracy to explain a simple recall.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

True, true, probably straightforward fix and too much jumping to conclusions. Anyway, I've contacted Ford Canada to see what they say about the US voluntary recall.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

I’m hoping you can help me. Our 2005 FEH is sitting in Palm Springs right now (we’re in LA) and needs MAJOR repairs.
We purchased it 6 months ago with about 40k miles on it, and had a couple of “stop safely now” faults I associated with overheating and while in PS another series of them that id’d on the dash as emissions control faults.
Dealer sez it needs:
- “Service Harness”… recall item, no charge
-Entire battery pack – damage could have originated from service harness, no charge
-New AC Pump and 2 new fans for hybrid battery pack – I am told I must pay over $1,100 for these. Dealer referred to tsb’s requiring upgrades on these items. Oh, and they also said they aren’t optional… “the car won’t run without these upgrades”?!?
I realize that these threads referring to the service harness issue cite it as an older problem. I have also had extensive experience with other makers (VW in particular) who have gladly paid the toll for all TSB items, even including extensive ($3,000+) drivetrain repairs.
To wit… Should I be required to pay for the AC Pump and fans? Wouldn’t they either be covered as a TSB or under the hybrid systems warranty? It seems to me that I wouldn’t have to replace them on a non-hybrid because they WOULDN’T EXIST!?! Grateful for any help/feedback you can provide!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DancesOnH2O
I’m hoping you can help me. Our 2005 FEH is sitting in Palm Springs right now (we’re in LA) and needs MAJOR repairs.
We purchased it 6 months ago with about 40k miles on it, and had a couple of “stop safely now” faults I associated with overheating and while in PS another series of them that id’d on the dash as emissions control faults.
Dealer sez it needs:
- “Service Harness”… recall item, no charge
-Entire battery pack – damage could have originated from service harness, no charge
-New AC Pump and 2 new fans for hybrid battery pack – I am told I must pay over $1,100 for these. Dealer referred to tsb’s requiring upgrades on these items. Oh, and they also said they aren’t optional… “the car won’t run without these upgrades”?!?
I realize that these threads referring to the service harness issue cite it as an older problem. I have also had extensive experience with other makers (VW in particular) who have gladly paid the toll for all TSB items, even including extensive ($3,000+) drivetrain repairs.
To wit… Should I be required to pay for the AC Pump and fans? Wouldn’t they either be covered as a TSB or under the hybrid systems warranty? It seems to me that I wouldn’t have to replace them on a non-hybrid because they WOULDN’T EXIST!?! Grateful for any help/feedback you can provide!
Someone with more info than I will weigh in shortly, I'm sure. I agree with you about the hybrid warranty should pay for these hybrid only parts. In addition, I did NOT think the fans and AC could be separately replaced on the hybrid HV battery, I thought it was one big, replace it all, unit.

Quick Reply: "Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands