Question about Mariner

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Question about Mariner

I'm looking into purchasing either an Escape or Mariner hybrid. I'm trying to define the differences between the two. I don't see that the Mariner has the A/C 110V power outlet option. On the other hand, the Mariner audio system is touted as MP3 ready. Will the 2006 Escape audio be MP3 ready also?

Rich.....

Old 09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Question about Mariner

Well, the '06 FEH has been out for a while, and as far as I know, mine is not MP3 ready.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Any update on the 110V outlet in the Mariner? Is it an option?

Old 11-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast

As I wrote about two weeks ago in this forum, the 2006 Escape Hybrids built after October 6th, 2005 include, as part of the "basic options", an audio system which is Sirius Satellite and MP3 compatible.

You can tell whether a particular Escape has a Sirius/MP3 compatible audio system by looking at the sticker. If the sticker says "Job 2", then it has the upgraded audio system as part of its basic features.

Those Escape Hybrids built BEFORE October 6th require the "Premium Audiophile" audio option (a $600 option) in order to be Sirius and MP3 compatible.

The Hybrid Navigation system radios are NOT MP3 or Sirius compatible.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

I just looked in the latest order guide and the order guide updates for Ford dealerships. I also looked in the owner's manual for the Mariner Hybrid (since the Ford Escape Hybrid owner's manual has specific mention of the 110V outlet and its use). I then checked the computerized form that dealers use to order vehicles from Mercury.

The 110V outlet is not an option on the Mercury Mariner. It's not mentioned in the order guide nor the owner's manual. On the computerized order form for the Mariner Hybrid, there is no way to order the 110 Volt Outlet feature.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Question about Mariner

I ordered mine a couple weeks back, and the hybrid consultant made no mention of the 110 outlet. Although some of the very early promotional literature did mention the outlet being standard. There are several things about themariner hybrid that have not been mentioned as standard features that are indeed included. Hopefully the 110 outlet will be one of them. I will know soon enough.....

Old 12-31-2005, 02:27 PM
drive of the mariner hev

I don't know if this helps, or answers the question, but I've got two 'powerpoints' in my MMH. One on the console itself and one just underneath the NAVradio. The one on the console is listed as the 'cigarette lighter' in my handbook, though there isn't an element for it. (just as well, I don't smoke or allow smoking in my vehicle).

The owner's manual did specify something about an outlet though.