P2611 - A/C Distribution Valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 05:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Post P2611 - A/C Distribution Valve

While I wait on my battery charger I have this code on the A/C and something wrong with the rear defrost. The latter has plenty of troubleshooting information available online. The former I can't even find a part location for. I looked at 2006 and 2011 manuals but they are missing the info.

P2611 - A/C Distribution Valve

Anyone know where this valve and it's connector are located?

I checked on the car and found fuse 35 under the hood was not installed... that encompasses both the valve and defrost...codes are gone but no idea where the valve is still.

Last edited by ShadyEscape; 05-05-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: P2611 - A/C Distribution Valve

If this is the one in the A/C compressor, FTM has a video on it. They are in the '05-'09 Hybrid compressors and he is working on a Hybrid in the video. It's not a difficult job but you will need the gauges, etc.

Also, there is no electrical connector for these valves on the Escape Hybrid as he explains. It sounds like someone pulled Fuse 35 because the rear window defroster was blowing the fuse, but the valve itself in the compressor has no electrical connection.

Last edited by AlexK; 05-05-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That guy has videos for everything, I think I'll have to pay them to update my PCM when all is said and done. Even with bootleg ford IDS I won't have access to the flash files. So far nothing blew again but I didn't try to run the defroster. Someone had pulled the plug out of it's little tray but left it connected. Maybe it all works fine and I get lucky.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyEscape
That guy has videos for everything,
IMHO he's one of the best YouTube mechanics. I think he still owns an Escape from these years, black I believe, maybe a 2011? It's in the background on some of his videos. When I bought my FEH I knew nothing about them (now I know next to nothing lol) and I was really glad to find his channel along with this forum. It can be painful to maintain these cars, fast, when you're at the mercy of the dealership or independent shops that also know next to nothing about them.

He was a dealership Ford Tech for 10 years, got tired of working to make someone else rich, and he knew he had the skills and the drive to open his own place. I like that he's thorough, detailed, and honest. He tells it like it is and he knows the theory behind the repairs. He thinks his videos through with an emphasis on doing it the right way with no BS, and saving people heartache and money. Before he was a Ford Tech, he was a mechanic for the US Marine Corps. Now I sound like a commercial, but so be it. If anyone wants to do a YouTube auto repair channel, his is a good place to start.

I really appreciate that he didn't forget Hybrid owners. He has something like 8-10 videos specific to the Hybrids and they don't get anywhere near the same number of views (and so a lot less monetization) as his other videos, but he took the time to do them anyway. That one above only has 38k views in almost a year whereas his other stuff on more popular models like F150s get hundreds of thousands.

Good luck with your car, you have a lot on your plate. Take one thing at a time and keep at it.

Last edited by AlexK; 05-06-2021 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:26 AM

+1

Having already seen his video on the FEH with a bad fuel pump, it made quick work of mine.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith
+1

Having already seen his video on the FEH with a bad fuel pump, it made quick work of mine.
That's awesome! I was wondering what happened with that car...."Well, there's 'yer problem."