No start

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
'08 FEH owner
Default Re: No start

I'm not Queen, but mine is doing this too (won't start until the 3rd or so try) and I am getting "stop engine now." It's intermittent, and I'm putting off taking it to the dealer until I can give them more info on what seems to cause it/what are the circumstances, etc.

I have the feeling it's related to the 12-volt battery. It was extra-bad tonight while I was trying to jump start another car.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

You know, back in 2005, most of us were pissed off that the 2005 MY did NOT come with PATS anti-theft system. A $0.99 cut key from the hardware store will run the car just fine. ( Also no blinking light on dash, but the light is there... if just we could "activate" it... )

When pressed... ( and it took substantial pressing ) Ford admitted to us 2005 owners, that they wanted, and intended to have PATS anti-theft in the 2005, but as production time rolled around, they could not get it to work correctly with the other hybrid systems. 2006 and 2007 had PATS anti-theft.

Since 2008 was a redesign of some hardware and software, I wonder if this ugly animal is rearing its head again. Maybe the 2008's weren't quite ready? I think we should all watch this carefully, and see if many others have problems with the keys / theft system and 2008's not starting. We may be on to something here.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Likelite, buy a jump start box! I would NEVER use a modern highly computer controlled car to jump start another car 1 good voltage spike and you could do some reall damage I have seen this myself more than a few times. How many miles are on your 08? If you end up taking to dealer be sure to bring BOTH keys and remotes.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone had the issue of the car engine sounding as though it's running with the key removed? I've had it happen a couple of times and it makes a rather odd noise, like traction control kicking in on a rough surface (a kind or rolling "R" noise). Maybe I should just get some ear plugs.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

When I unlock mine with the remote the brake system does a pressure up and tedst, maybe that is what you are hearing.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by queenfan
Has anyone had the issue of the car engine sounding as though it's running with the key removed? I've had it happen a couple of times and it makes a rather odd noise, like traction control kicking in on a rough surface (a kind or rolling "R" noise). Maybe I should just get some ear plugs.
It may be the HV battery fans because they can run for a few minutes after you remove the key. The outside battery vent door will also make a noise as it opens and closes. Also, a portion of the brake fluid returns to the master cylinder after a few minutes with the key-off to relieve pressure. And don't forget the radiator fans could stay on for a few minutes.

The manual states these noises are normal, so I wouldn't be concerned unless you get warning lights or notice a change in driving.

GaryG

Old 06-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Gary and Mark. I have a tendency to not like car noises--way too many things replaced on my two sedans that started out as little-bitty noises.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well, it's not the hybrid fan/motor. The noise is coming from behind the center stack. I don't think it's climate system related, as the noise happened at start-up today with the climate system off. I may see if I can find a priest to bless the car just in case.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

The brake system has a motor in front of the passinger floor board in the engine compartment I'll bet you are hearing the brake system going through its pre test

Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

My old standby is to turn the radio up a little louder to mask those annoying noises.

Quick Reply: No start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands