No start

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default No start

I loaned my 2007 FEH to my sister to go to the bank. She called me and said she came back out and it would not start. I drove over and put the key in and it started fine BUT the service engine light was on. I was able to drive it to my shop and hook up my scan tool an read the trouble codes. It had a P0606 ( PCM failure) and several others relating to shuting down the trans, engine generator and traction motor. Has anyone had this? Later in the day when I started it the light went out and every thing is fine. Talked to my dealer and they had not heard any thing and they check their online systems for any service bulletins none were found for this. So if any one has a dead one and they take it in ask what trouble codes were stored.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: No start

Did it again 2 times today. Seems that it must be doing some pre start test and failing somethig big. Cools down for 20 mins and it will start , once started it performs normally. I will see if I can make it fail consistantly, and predictably so the Ford tech will have a prayer in finding it.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Does the AC blow cold?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

When the engine starts runs it cools fine. I get the dreaded "stop engine now" message. But it is already stopped, because it wont start. ONLY happens after a "hot soak" ( 10 mins after shut down on a fully warmed up engine) I took it to Ford today and it wouldnt start in the service driveway. I think the PCM is fried. We shall see.............

Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

good luck with that. we had the same thing happen in our first week of ownership. i could not make it happen again for the service department. it has not happened since and never threw an error code.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Well I came out monday night and it was dead in the driveway and never started. So it was towed to Ford. They tested it and today they came to the conclussion (that I did on tuesday) the PCM was bad. So now I wait for a PCM, hope they arent made of unobtainium!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a 2008 FEH and over the last two weeks it hasn't started twice. I turn the key, it tries (I get a grring noise--like an alternator starting) but nothing. It's like I turned the key to the II position (all the dummy lights, radio and air systems come on, but no engine start). This happens at a cold start; the first time was at lunch (about 4 hours after driving) and this morning, before which the car sat overnight. I have it at the only hybrid certified dealer up here, but they haven't a clue and will call the Ford engineers tomorrow. THe oddest thing is that I haven't had any warning lights go off. I have been having other electrical troubles (gauges moving while car is off and engine continuing to run after the key has been removed). Hopefully, someone can figure this out. I'm at 1750 miles, and stuck in a really drab Taurus till the FEH gets fixed. I sure hope it's soon!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Hmmm..... I know I have very little info to base this on... but I'm sure hearing of a lot more problems during the first few months of release of the 2008, than I ever heard from the 2005's.

Maybe there were fewer people posting online in 2005, but still, makes me wonder....

Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Well its still dead, the certified ford tech is stumped. They replace the PCM and eliminated 2 of the trouble codes ( there were 9) The ford engineer thinks there are 3 things wrong. My research through the ford manuals narrows do to 2 possiblities, the throttle actuator control system (p2105) or the motor electric coolant pump (p0A05). The other codes can be a result of ether these 2. I think they need to pursue the p2105 code. I did not try to get any TCM trouble codes though. This FEH uses Fords new can system so untill the software comes out for 07 modles I'm kinda stuck. ( I can fool it and configue for 06 but sometimes thats pushing it)

Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Qweenfan does the "stop engine now" come on in the message center when it wont start?

Quick Reply: No start

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands