Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie questions

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
This is from the mouth of the person who designed, developed, and tested the system. I don't think there's anyone on Earth who would know better.
Beautiful. I'm loving this car! I was able to go EV at 38 mph today.

I'm wondering if the 08 doesn't get the same regen that previous models get. GaryG wrote, "The HV battery will take a much faster charge at its lowest level, so this makes the FS in "L" allow you to go EV much sooner with a little SoC... The '05 can get heavy regen which can heat up the system faster, but also charge the battery very quick. Ford may have adjusted this system to protect the HV battery more."

I tried the FS in "L" and "L" braking but I haven't noticed my battery charging quicker when it's low. It's difficult for me to charge the battery with regen once it's really low without the ICE doing the work. Is the 08 different from earlier models?

Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Newbie questions

Brian, I'm just a tad north of you.
If you ever wish to do "side-by-side" comparisons of 2005 vs. 2008, I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime.

You ( or anyone else ) can always send me a personal message to make some arrangements.

Thanks!
-John