New Navteq CD database

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Navteq CD database

Originally Posted by WaltPA
OK... dumb question....

Do the newer 2007 4V discs, which come from Navteq, have the Ford logo and a Ford part number on them? Or are they truly Navteq disks?

I was wondering if Ford, itself, will be offering the update, and possibly at a better price???
They've got a FORD logo on them... but it says in the fine print NavTEQ was a contracted or something like that. There is a NavTEQ logo on them too.

If it is provided by Ford.... um.... what makes you think it would be cheaper I figure Ford would have another markup.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
If it is provided by Ford.... um.... what makes you think it would be cheaper I figure Ford would have another markup.
I know for my Garmin, if I buy a new set of maps from Navteq, I have to pay full price. If I buy them from Garmin, I have choice of paying full price (~$200) or paying the upgrade price (~$70).

I was hoping that possibly, Ford like Garmin would have an upgrade price. Yea, I know, wishful thinking. Or, at least, we could get them from one of the online Ford parts discounters.

BTW, is there a Ford P/N on the disks?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM

I know for my Garmin, if I buy a new set of maps from Navteq, I have to pay full price. If I buy them from Garmin, I have choice of paying full price (~$200) or paying the upgrade price (~$70).

I was hoping that possibly, Ford like Garmin would have an upgrade price. Yea, I know, wishful thinking. Or, at least, we could get them from one of the online Ford parts discounters.

BTW, is there a Ford P/N on the disks?
Yes.... looks like there is. At least the number fits the Ford pattern as I remember it. Each disc has its own number I don't have one for the "kit"

Map1 - Pacific 6L1T-18C912 - AB
Map2 - Northwest 6L1T-18C912 - BB
The pattern continues with 6L1T-18C912 - #B Where # counts up from A-M M is for disc 12 Alaska. "I" is skipped and Map 9 goes directly to "J" (presumably because "I" looks too close to a "one")

Hope that helps.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

I would like the new Florida CD. Anyone in Alaska or Washington or anywhere else that has the new CD's want to sell me the new cd number 11 (Florida) for 25 Bucks?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 New Navteq CD database

I just bought a Nav Unit from Replacement radios, and a harness from a US ford dealer in order to get more information from my 2006 FEH. Anyone have the part number for the new CD set since I have none. What is the price from your local Ford dealer. I have found Ford parts 100% higher in Canada so I try and buy them from the local or lowest cost source when possible. I will be going from the single CD player to the Nav system. The process should be interesting. I know Ford owners have nothing but contempt for the NAV system, but I did find the Hybrid information system useful in getting better performance. With second hand and heavily discounted bits it makes it worthwhile.

Rocky

Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

A set of Navigation Discs from Navteq is $199 USD.

You get all of the USA and Canada.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 AM

As per Ford, corporate, there is yet another new release of maps, version 2007.1.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM

As per Ford, corporate, there is yet another new release of maps, version 2007.1.
Well, I got my new set of map disks from Ford. They are probably the same version as NAVTEQ sells directly as they were marked "4V'.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Slipping the surly bonds

Walt,

Given that you have an '07, were you able to get the dealer to give you the updated disks for free?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by casper_f15c
Walt,

Given that you have an '07, were you able to get the dealer to give you the updated disks for free?

Well, kind-of, yes.

I didn't have the pay for the 2007 update. However, it was Ford's North American Headquarters, not the dealer, who agreed to it.

The dealer just blew me off. They claimed that in all their years, Ford only once ever gave a free upgrade, and that was for a Lincoln (implying that a mere Mercury owner didn't deserve such).

At the headquarters, the woman I spoke with, finally conceded that it was reasonable to expect a 2007 Mercury to come with 2007 map disks (and not 2005). She then called the dealer and instructed them order me a set for free.

Headquarters made it clear that this was an exception, and not a policy change.

Quick Reply: New Navteq CD database

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands