New Navteq CD database

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up New Navteq 12 CD Navigation database

All,
There is a new database of 12 CDs for those of us with the factory Nav system in the 2007 and earlier Escape Hybrids. It shows version 4V on the Navteq.com website. Of course, it costs $199, but at least it appears that they updated the old "2005" 3V version we all had.

Edit: Ordered it, and with tax and shipping, it was about $225. Hopefully I will no longer be "offroading on the map" when driving on new streets.

Last edited by TriggerHybrid; 09-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Navteq CD database

When you get it, let us know the copyright year on the disks themselves. The old ones had, as you mentioned, the "2005" year.

I am actually currently fighting with Ford to give me a new set for free. I bought a 2007 and I expect to be given current, 2007, disks. We'll see where that goes.

BTW, I just ordered, and received, the 2008 maps for my Garmin. Garmin only charges $75 for map disk updates ($200 is more like full price).

Old 09-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
When you get it, let us know the copyright year on the disks themselves. The old ones had, as you mentioned, the "2005" year.

I am actually currently fighting with Ford to give me a new set for free. I bought a 2007 and I expect to be given current, 2007, disks. We'll see where that goes.

BTW, I just ordered, and received, the 2008 maps for my Garmin. Garmin only charges $75 for map disk updates ($200 is more like full price).
I will let you all know--I've been checking their website about once/month, and these appear to be new (version 4 vs the version 3 I have). 2 day shipping is the least I could use, so they may be here by Friday. It is certainly insane pricing, but especially here in Las Vegas, the roads change weekly as the city grows--I hope it has captured much of the expansion in the last two years. I was a little concerned they might not be doing any updates ever again, since we are using "old" technology.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is it posible someone could call them and find out what's been updated?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

I saw a coupon code in the check out section at Navteq and there was a discount in 04 that Ford sent out then. So we might want to contact ford and see if they are going to do the same

Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Hold yer horses!!!!!!!!!!

The new maps are december 2006 versions, I called Navteq and they said a NEWER version will be out at the end of this month! 1-888-nav-maps got the number from my Ford parts guy.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's really odd. Why would they go 3 years without an update and then suddenly have 2 updates so quickly?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith

The new maps are december 2006 versions, I called Navteq and they said a NEWER version will be out at the end of this month! 1-888-nav-maps got the number from my Ford parts guy.
Like with car model years, Navteq seems to like to jump the gun on year labeling. As I mentioned, I just got my 2008 maps for my Garmin, and they actually started to ship these two months ago.

It might make sense that these "2007" 4V map disks are really back from 2006 (using dec 2006 map data?). However, the "2007" 4V map disks weren't even on their website just a couple of months ago (I checked before contacting Ford CS). In terms of vehicles supported by Navteq, back then, the 2007 FEH wasn't listed, and no MMH's were listed at all. Today, I see 2007 FEH, and 2006 and 2007 MMH listed.

In just a month, will we see "2008" 5V disks???

Old 09-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirfergy
Is it posible someone could call them and find out what's been updated?
From their website:

This 12 CD map set contains full coverage of the continental United States and Canada with over 6 million miles of road and more than 1.5 million points of interest. Points of interest include 429,428 restaurants, 65,092 hotels, 108,280 ATMs, 69,130 gas stations, and 213,262 auto service and maintenance locations. New coverage areas include Anchorage, Fairbanks and Denali, AK; Mobile, AL; Modesto and Merced, CA; Dover, DE, Lakeland/Winterhaven, Gainesville, Pensacola and Ft Pierce/Vero Beach FL; Augusta, Athens, Macon and Athens, GA; Iowa City, IA; Rock Island, Davenport and Moline, IA/IL Springfield, IL, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Elkhart and Goshen, IN; Lawrence, KS; Shreveport, LA; Lewiston and Auburn, ME; Kalamazoo, MI; Winnipeg, MN; Columbia, MO; Jackson, Biloxi, and Gulfport MS; Billings, MT; Hickory, Morgantown, Asheville and Wilmington, NC; Dover and Rochester, NY; Vineland, NJ; Utica, Ithaca and Glens Falls, NY; Hamilton, Middletown and Elyria, OH; Scranton and Wilkes-Barre, PA; San Juan, PR; Augusta, Aiken, and Beaufort, SC; Souix Falls SD; El Paso, Midland and Odessa, TX, Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol, TN/VA; Lynchbur, VA; Richland, Kennewick, Bellingham and Pasco, WA; Janesville, Beloit, Appleton, Oshkosh and Wausau, WI; Cheyenne, WY and many others. This map set CD set comes with a software application disc that must be installed prior to using the new maps if you own a model year 2003 or 2004 Expedition. The set also contains a feature called Route USA which allows you to map a trip across the continental United States without having to change CDs.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith

I just called Navteq, and initially got the same story. However, when I clarified to make sure she ("Paige") was talking about the 12 CD version, she said "Oh no, the CD version was just updated last month and won't be updated again for a year or 18 months". So, the udpate coming out this month is for the DVD version, not the older CD version.

Quick Reply: New Navteq CD database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands