New Nav System Pics Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Nav System Pics Soon!

Originally Posted by mikesus
Left the stock speakers and they don't sound too bad... .

I thought that too & almost left them alone.

I did break down & replace them however & the difference is WELL WELL worth the effort.

I agree, the stock SUB isn't half bad when hooked to a good head unit but those door speakers/tweeters can be improved substantially.

~John

Old 04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

What did you replace them with?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 AM

I bought two pairs of these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-USkvqoW...00&I=1086810CS

I didn't buy them from Crutchfield however, I found a much cheaper price from another online source(I don't remember where right this second)

I installed them with Dynamat Extreme sound deadening in all 4 doors & the difference was dramatic(my Wife noticed it immediately & I didn't tell her what I had done)

~John

Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I do like infinity stuff...

I think my next big purchase is going to be headrest monitors. The Kenwood can be set up as dual zone, so I can set the kids up to watch the ipod or the dvd, and we can watch the Nav up front...

Old 04-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mikesus
The Kenwood can be set up as dual zone, so I can set the kids up to watch the ipod or the dvd, and we can watch the Nav up front...

The Eclipse can do that also, but instead of doing that I mounted a 9.5" widescreen DVD setup on the rear ceiling with wireless headphones for my two kids.

~John

Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Smile Re: New Nav System Pics Soon!

Originally Posted by jmorton10
The Eclipse can do that also, but instead of doing that I mounted a 9.5" widescreen DVD setup on the rear ceiling with wireless headphones for my two kids.

~John
I found your thread interesting and this appears to be worthwhile alternative to the factory setup. Does an installation guide come with the hardware and is this something a novice should tackle or is it better left to a professional installer?

I have found many of your previous post valuable and hopefully we can get a few threads on "do it yourself guides" for this vehicle.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
Does an installation guide come with the hardware and is this something a novice should tackle or is it better left to a professional installer?

I guess that depends how handy you are(I was a professional mechanic for 12 years). The Panasonic unit I installed came with excellent instructions.

I have installed two of these setups, one in my original 05 FEH & now in my current 06 FEH. The 06 was a bit tougher as this one has side curtain airbags & a moonroof I had to work around(the 05 had neither). In the 06 I removed & reinforced the headliner to make a secure attachment for the unit. In the 05, all I did was cut a hole in the headliner & screw it to a roof crossbar.

This is the unit I installed & it works GREAT(my kids love it)

http://qualitymobilevideo.com/Mercha...de=CY-VHD9500U

I found a refurb for $299 & it looks brand new.

~John

Old 04-26-2007, 06:59 AM
HEV's are your friend

Originally Posted by jmorton10
In the 05, all I did was cut a hole in the headliner & screw it to a roof crossbar.
John, I have an 06 with the moonroof option as well...would love to see any pics you may have of it installed!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by EOppie
John, I have an 06 with the moonroof option as well...would love to see any pics you may have of it installed!
I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but I will snap a couple in the next few days & post them.

~John

Old 10-07-2007, 04:12 AM
HEV's are your friend

How do you like the kenwod unit after playing around with it, many of the reviews I have read say that the nav is awesome, the audio and video playback is crisp, however the menus and user interface on the non-nav (media) end are a bear to work through.

What do you think

Quick Reply: New Nav System Pics Soon!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands