New Nav System Pics Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Re: New Nav System Pics Soon!

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I misunderstood what you where asking.

I have the stock 06 NAV unit sitting here that I would sell cheap, but I don't think it will work for anybody who did not have the factory NAV setup.

The CD player is under the passenger seat & you definitely don't have the wiring for that + all the harnesses at the dash are different.

~John
Wish it were simpler, sucks they make it to much of a PITA to chg.
Clif

Old 04-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I think if you are a DIY'er and like to tinker, and have prior experience with installing car stereos, I don't see any reason why you could NOT put a Ford Navi into a FEH that didn't come with one.

It may take more time, and you may even need some extra help or harness from the Dealer, but if you've got the time and patience, I'm 99% sure it would work.

They only build ONE car off the assembly line.
Pretty sure you'll have all the wires in place.
Doing a quick search, most of the wires are the same, the harness ( plugs ) are not. So if you like to cut and splice, it is ( probably ) possible.

Only thing is, it seems you can get MPG on the little green message center OR the Navi radio ( much better anyhow ) but not both at the same time.

How bad do you want it?

Last edited by gpsman1; 04-13-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I think if you are a DIY'er and like to tinker, and have prior experience with installing car stereos, I don't see any reason why you could NOT put a Ford Navi into a FEH that didn't come with one.

It may take more time, and you may even need some extra help or harness from the Dealer, but if you've got the time and patience, I'm 99% sure it would work.

They only build ONE car off the assembly line.
Pretty sure you'll have all the wires in place.
Doing a quick search, most of the wires are the same, the harness ( plugs ) are not. So if you like to cut and splice, it is ( probably ) possible.

Only thing is, it seems you can get MPG on the little green message center OR the Navi radio ( much better anyhow ) but not both at the same time.

How bad so you want it?
I love to tinker but have too many other projects going right now. Maybe a future project.....
Clif

Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

System should be here by tomorrow, but I found a couple of interesting things.

1) You can upload your own points of interest. I.E. Speed traps, etc Because this system uses Garmin, there are a bunch of sites that have them already in the proper format.

2) The stock old stock nav system is virtually worthless... It only fetched $300 on ebay

Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikesus
2) The stock old stock nav system is virtually worthless... It only fetched $300 on ebay

LOL, I'm surprised it was worth that much as it is virtually worthless to most people......

~John

Old 04-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Bump for new pics in first post...

Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Mikesus!

That is sweet! did you upgrade the speakers as well? How do you like the XM satelite? how's the XM radio? Let me know! I want this!

I hear y'all on the hybrid screen functions you will be losing on this, but a SC would give you the pertinent info needed.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

Nice, Mike, really nice. So in getting this new head unit did you give up displays of hybrid motor function, fuel economy, etc.? No way to interface / access those functions with new head unit is there?

Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Left the stock speakers and they don't sound too bad... The Headunit has built in cross overs so I eliminated bass from the front 4 and it cleaned up quite a bit. The factory sub is pretty decent also...

As to the displays, lost all of em. For what I gained I don't miss em. I did buy a scan gauge for mpg, and that works for me.

The XM antenna has not come in yet, so can't tell you how it works, it was out of stock, but it is going to be interesting, it is used thru the Garmin side of the unit, so the XM displays are set up under Nav. The nice part about that is that the weather and traffic stuff shows on the Nav maps.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Now, if some one manages to come up with an acp monitor that shows all that stuff that outputs a video signal, I would be able to... As long as I give up the playstation input

Quick Reply: New Nav System Pics Soon!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands