Nav Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Nav Questions

I just read the "manual" for the sync/nav unit. I was looking specifically for two items. Is it possible to input longitude and latitude into the nav unit? And is it possible to get altitude date from the nav unit? Thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav Questions

I was looking for the Long/Latit thing too. I'm a GeoCacher at heart. But I have not found a way to input this info... as for altitude not sure.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
I was looking for the Long/Latit thing too. I'm a GeoCacher at heart. But I have not found a way to input this info... as for altitude not sure.
I find it so annoying that a $2400 factory NAV unit doesn't have basic data available with just about any portable GPS unit. I've been looking around my area for 09 FEHL's and find almost all dealer stock to have this incredibly priced NAV system.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Nav Questions

Originally Posted by dr61
I find it so annoying that a $2400 factory NAV unit doesn't have basic data available with just about any portable GPS unit. I've been looking around my area for 09 FEHL's and find almost all dealer stock to have this incredibly priced NAV system.
Well I do know a few people that have had the same problem with "portable" gps units. But they got them for their cars. Only then to realize they can't do a lot of stuff the handhelds can do. but your right my friends only spent 3-400$ not 2400$

However I do love the sound system you get with it. The sub is smallish but much better than my last Ford sound system. (Focus '01) And the DVD play back is cool. Even if you have to stop to watch it, or just hear it while driveN.

The screen is a good size and I've had friends tell me they could stare at the "power" a.k.a. HEV tab all day!

I know some people don't like the harddrive, aka jukebox, but I love to take my friends new CD's a ripp them when we're on the road. Just don't do like me and leave your SUV on all night trying to ripp CD's only to find a dead battery the next morniN... oppps

Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

If I go for a 09 FEHL without the NAV option, what kind of display of fuel economy is there with the standard instruments? Does it show instantaneous mpg and/or average? Or do I have to get a SGII to see this data?

Thanks