MTH? confusion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default MTH? confusion

I know that the MTH is a triplicate of the MMH and FEH but..

Mazda part of the ford company?
Are they manufactured stated side?
Does the A plan (blue oval dealers employees only) work for the mazda?
Can my local Ford dealer order one or do I have to go to a mazda dealer?

anyone know if they are easier to get a hold of ( a new one) than MMh and FEH. ?
Does the tax credit factor in with the number of fEH and MMH's sold to the max number?
Still in the hunt for a hybrid however trying to sell a house and buy a new one so have put off ordering one until that financial mess is sorted out but that may mean not ordering until end of summer which may mean next year before getting, which of course may put tax credit at risk (I am not in jeapordy with the AMT or whatever its called)..
thanks again for all the help.
krista

Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MTH? confusion

350 Mazda Tribute Hybrids were produced for California retail only. I do not expect this to change in the future. There was a thread on this within the past year.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by abelkrista

anyone know if they are easier to get a hold of ( a new one) than MMh and FEH. ?
Does the tax credit factor in with the number of fEH and MMH's sold to the max number?
Still in the hunt for a hybrid however trying to sell a house and buy a new one so have put off ordering one until that financial mess is sorted out but that may mean not ordering until end of summer which may mean next year before getting, which of course may put tax credit at risk (I am not in jeapordy with the AMT or whatever its called)..
krista
When I was shopping for my 2008 FEH, the salesman steered me away from the MTH. He said they only produced 500 of them total, and the dealer did not have a lot of 'wiggle room' to make a deal with them.

The Tax credit is for all Ford products, so the expiration date for the MTH will be the same as the FEH and MMH.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
The Tax credit is for all Ford products, so the expiration date for the MTH will be the same as the FEH and MMH.
No, it's separate. Mazda has to hit 60,000 separately, although I don't have any clue why it was set up like that. It doesn't make sense for a car that is built on the same assembly line...

Edit: Krista, are you in California? If not, I would take your A-plan to your local Ford/Mercury dealer.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by kristian
No, it's separate. Mazda has to hit 60,000 separately, although I don't have any clue why it was set up like that. It doesn't make sense for a car that is built on the same assembly line...

Edit: Krista, are you in California? If not, I would take your A-plan to your local Ford/Mercury dealer.
Probably because Mercury and Ford are brands of Ford Motor Company. Mazda, is a completely different company--that Ford happens to own 49% interest in.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

A plan does not apply to Mazda, but you can get a supplier discount. Not quite as good as the A/Z plans.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Probably because Mercury and Ford are brands of Ford Motor Company. Mazda, is a completely different company--that Ford happens to own 49% interest in.
Oh, I thought Ford had a majority interest. That means Mazda would be counted separately.

Let's see, at 500 MTH per year, how long would it take to get to 60K? Ummm, that is 120 years. So, how long does the rebate program last?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Yes and no. Yes, they share designs and technology, no, Mazda isn't a branch of Ford.

Yep. Same plant AFAIK.

A plan is at the discretion of the dealer. Here in Detroit, many Mazda dealers will accept A plan.

Mazda dealer.

If you're in California, then it's a coin toss, some people can get them, others say they can't. Outside of California, quite hard to near impossible.

No, it's seperate, so you'd get it, but again, it's dependent on you being able to get one. Also, again AFAIK, the credit ends at the end of the year, since it hasn't been renewed.

krista
Given Fords own shortsightedness, it seems the FEH/MMH may become difficult to buy in future years given how they're limiting production due to their feeling that Hybrids aren't good for them to make compared to F-150's.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Oh, I thought Ford had a majority interest. That means Mazda would be counted separately.

Let's see, at 500 MTH per year, how long would it take to get to 60K? Ummm, that is 120 years. So, how long does the rebate program last?
it was 49% a few years ago... they might have sold some off actually...