Logged my first tank!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Logged my first tank!

Filled up for the first time, almost 2 weeks after getting the Escape! I entered it in the Mileage Database and posted a pic of the odometer. I chickened out and filled up with about 18 MTE. Travelled 434.5 miles taking 13.14 gallons for a calculated MPG of 33.07. The display shows 35.8, and I've been around 36 for most of the past few weeks. Any reason for the disparity? I had reset the fuel economy and the trip at the dealer when I picked it up, although I don't know how "full" the tank was, it looked full on the gauge. I would think any difference there would be .5 MPG or so. I reset both the trip odometer and the fuel economy when I filled up. We'll see if my 2 weeks of Escape Hybrid experience will improve the second tank!

Fred

Old 10-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Default Re: Logged my first tank!

nice! Its only going to get better I think. However, winter is coming so you probably will start dropping soon but don't get discouraged. Spring will bring it back up.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
nice! Its only going to get better I think. However, winter is coming so you probably will start dropping soon but don't get discouraged. Spring will bring it back up.
Yeah, already seeing some effects as the temps stay in the low 60s. I know A/C keeps the ICE running, but seems like having heat on the defroster does as well. Waiting for the **** rain to end!!

Fred

Old 10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Team_Venture:

___That isn’t just a first tank; it is a stupendous first tank! I hope you can keep it up as we have a special thread for those that can punch out those types of numbers out day after day, week after week, and month after month

___I will be in the background rooting you on but most importantly, enjoy your new Escape HEV to its fullest as it is one darn nice hybrid automobile!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Team_Venture:

___That isn’t just a first tank; it is a stupendous first tank! I hope you can keep it up as we have a special thread for those that can punch out those types of numbers out day after day, week after week, and month after month

___I will be in the background rooting you on but most importantly, enjoy your new Escape HEV to its fullest as it is one darn nice hybrid automobile!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net
Thanks, Wayne! It's only because of all the discussions I've been reading here at GreenHybrid.com for months before I got the Escape that I've been able to "get" some of the mileage capabilities. I don't quite have the hang of it all yet, and I enjoy the back and forth of when to use L, braking, etc. Hope to get to that 1,000 mile "bump" before it gets too cold!

Fred

Old 10-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Enthusiast

Just logged my first tank too - 441 miles on 13.27 gallons = 33.2mpg. Probably could have made 500 miles if I was patient, but I wanted to post my first tank already

Old 10-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enrique
Just logged my first tank too - 441 miles on 13.27 gallons = 33.2mpg. Probably could have made 500 miles if I was patient, but I wanted to post my first tank already
Yeah, I *really* wanted to try for 500, or at least 450, but I chickened out! Now that I'm more sure about the Miles to Empty readout, I might get a little bolder, driving past 0. I've only run out of gas a few times in my life, didn't want to do it on the first tank in the Escape!!

Fred