Ford Hybrid Patrol: For those who couldn't make it to Dearborn

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Ford Hybrid Patrol: For those who couldn't make it to Dearborn

Found a blurb (twice) looking online for an article that I read in the paper today, about the FEH experience, so I figured I'd share: Looks like the clinic is going to go on tour.

Communities included in the Ford Hybrid Patrol effort include: Cleveland (Oct. 18); Chicago (Oct. 20); Washington, D.C. (Oct. 24); Boston (Oct. 27); New York (Nov. 1); Dallas (Nov. 10); Phoenix (Nov. 15); Los Angeles (Nov. 17); San Francisco (Nov. 22) and Miami (Dec. 1).

Old 10-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Hybrid Patrol: For those who couldn't make it to Dearborn

Rich-
Can you give the URL or source? I am not saying this is a hoax but if not true many people will start making arrangements and plans and be disappointed. I spoke with Ford Marketing as late as last Tuesday and planning had just begun to extend the Dearborn Event to other locations.

The dates you quote are just too close together and on strange days (Tues. and Thurs.?). Locations are far apart (S.F. and then Miami?).

Ford does not market without a lot of planning and logical advance notice. I think they will do the future ones with invitations, as they did the last. If this was a tue plan, I think I would know about it. Make me eat crow, please, because I want to go to the one in L.A.

We are hoping to have Galpin Ford help in hosting a mini-event but no reply as yet. Anyone with connections there please help convinve them it would be to their benefit.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Hybrid Patrol: For those who couldn't make it to Dearborn

The real story (in part from "The Auto Channel") is that this is not the 'clinic' we owners are waiting for but rather a P.R. effort. I quote:

Ford Hybrid Patrol

On Oct. 18, Ford kicks off a 10-city tour to bring fuel-saving driving tips to local communities. Ford is partnering with local police departments to challenge consumers to drive more efficiently.

Local police officers -- who often have high fuel-consumption rates -- will patrol the streets in new Mercury Mariner Hybrids. Joined by Ford's hybrid and fuel economy experts, their mission is to find local drivers "in the act" of demonstrating fuel-saving practices with their vehicles, including hybrids. The citation will be a pre-paid $25 gasoline card from BP.

A fuel-economy clinic also will take place for the police officials in each community and include a "best-mileage competition" among officers. The most fuel efficient officer from across the country will be awarded a Mercury Mariner Hybrid for his or her department. Ford also is donating $2,500 to each local Police Athletic League to fund programs to keep children off the streets and out of trouble.

Communities included in the Ford Hybrid Patrol effort include: Cleveland (Oct. 18); Chicago (Oct. 20); Washington, D.C. (Oct. 24); Boston (Oct. 27); New York (Nov. 1); Dallas (Nov. 10); Phoenix (Nov. 15); Los Angeles (Nov. 17); San Francisco (Nov. 22) and Miami (Dec. 1).