Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Let's save Ford - Who's in? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/lets-save-ford-whos-20272/)

stevedebi 12-12-2008 02:42 PM

Re: Let's save Ford - Who's in?

Originally Posted by wwest (Post 193364)

Even an idiot would have recognized that the Prius HSD system would NOT be viable in a heavier truck-like SUV.

Now, put the HSD system in the unit-body CX-7....

I guess someone forgot to inform Toyota, which uses the HSD in the Highlander Hybrid. Drat, did they blow it.

Of course, the FEH is far more fuel efficient than the HH.

Actually, Ford agreed with you above a certain weight - hence they dropped the initial plans for an Explorer hybrid in favor of a new 6 speed transmission.

travelover 12-12-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 08FEH (Post 193393)
That's funny because "living in the past" is EXACTLY what got the US automakers where they are today...

Right.......take the FEH for instance, now there is an old fashioned , low tech vehicle.

Does kicking the US automakers when they are down make you fell like a big man? :cool:

08FEH 12-12-2008 05:49 PM

Choosing not to buy their stock isn't kicking them and I don't "feel like a big man".
I do get to choose where I spend my money however. My business CAN be earned, and I don't "OWE" anything to someone who isn't interested in EARNING it.
It's actually the consumer that has been "kicked" by the US automakers and their dealers for many years, including me on my recent FEH order (my second feh in two years).

Your "it's not their fault" attitude is entertaining, it's everybody's fault but theirs isn't it...

Burn me once, shame on you.
Burn me twice, shame on me.

pjcollins 12-12-2008 07:31 PM

I helped! When stock was about 2.05 per share, bought 4,000.00 US dollars worth. Ford will prevail!

Billyk 12-12-2008 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi (Post 193395)
I guess someone forgot to inform Toyota, which uses the HSD in the Highlander Hybrid. Drat, did they blow it.

Of course, the FEH is far more fuel efficient than the HH.

Actually, Ford agreed with you above a certain weight - hence they dropped the initial plans for an Explorer hybrid in favor of a new 6 speed transmission.

Ford dropped plans to introduce an Explorer Hybrid in 2001 when they could not realize the fuel efficiency improvements (25%) they were aiming for. They also had issues with the rear electric motor overheating. So they sold the "concept" to oops!:omg: Toyota which uses the principle on their Highlander Hybrid. The Highlander Hybrid is listed at 4500lbs while the CX7 is at 3900 for the AWD version.

wwest 12-13-2008 07:09 AM

Yes, where is Ross Perot when GM really has need of his management expertise.

Remember him, he was "AQUIRED" (via the Hughes "merger") and then FIRED ( with an EXTRAORDINARY golden parachute) from the GM board of directors because he said publically what he was saying to the GM board of directors who refused to listen.

travelover 12-13-2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 08FEH (Post 193414)
Choosing not to buy their stock isn't kicking them and I don't "feel like a big man".
I do get to choose where I spend my money however. My business CAN be earned, and I don't "OWE" anything to someone who isn't interested in EARNING it.
It's actually the consumer that has been "kicked" by the US automakers and their dealers for many years, including me on my recent FEH order (my second feh in two years).

Your "it's not their fault" attitude is entertaining, it's everybody's fault but theirs isn't it...

Burn me once, shame on you.
Burn me twice, shame on me.

I think you should take your negativity and peddle it elsewhere.

The US automakers have made mistakes, but they have also created the US middle class, providing a living wage, health care and a dignified retirement for millions of families that could not have otherwise enjoyed this security. And this applies not only to direct employees but to suppliers, dealers in every little town and all of the businesses that benefit from that cash flow.

I'm sorry about your problems, but you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

wwest 12-13-2008 10:27 PM

"The US automakers created the middle class..."

No, the UAW "created" the middle class insofar as concerns the auto industry.

The workers would still be dirt poor if the auto makers had their way.

Motown 12-14-2008 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by wwest (Post 193482)
"The US automakers created the middle class..."

No, the UAW "created" the middle class insofar as concerns the auto industry.

The workers would still be dirt poor if the auto makers had their way.

Actually, Henry Ford should receive the bulk of the credit. As you recall, he started the process rolling in 1914 by paying his workers $5 per day which was more than double the rate that other workers were paid for manufacturing work and cutting the work week to 40 hours per week. The UAW should get credit for championing benefits such as sick leave and health insurance.

way2muchkc4u 12-14-2008 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Motown (Post 193489)
Actually, Henry Ford should receive the bulk of the credit. As you recall, he started the process rolling in 1914 by paying his workers $5 per day which was more than double the rate that other workers were paid for manufacturing work and cutting the work week to 40 hours per week. The UAW should get credit for championing benefits such as sick leave and health insurance.

:confused:I need to stop reading this thread... I might learn something...:zip: