Hybrid reliability

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid reliability

So far mine hasn't been very reliable. I was driving for about 20 minutes yesterday when all of a sudden, the "High Motor Temperature" warning came on. Normally I'd stop, but there really aren't a lot of places to stop on a So Cal highway. So the engine cut off and i was able to pull off to the shoulder. The next day, I took it into the dealer and they determined that the electronic(or electric) coolant pump was not functioning and it might take days to locate a part. days!!??
Only 5500 miles on the car. Also the "check turn lamps" keep coming on.
Anyone else have reliability issues?

Last edited by nycspud; 09-30-2005 at 03:02 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 09-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid reliability

I have two with about 6000 miles on each. Not a hiccup out of either.

Any part can break, even a new one. Parts supply is an issue I would imagine since they are having a tough time producing enough of these to meet demand. All the parts go into new ones.

I spoke with the service manager at the dealer where I bought both of mine. Other than oil changes, none they have sold have been back. I took that as a good sign....

Last edited by nitramjr; 09-30-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

Well, I made a complete quote of the entire post and it expanded.

All I can say at this point is the dealer should fix it or exchange it....

Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Early Adopter

This is the second case of M/E cooling pump issues I've heard of, I think both on this forum.

Not a huge sample, mind you, considering the number of vehicles in the field.

IIRC, fix was a new pump and a firmware upgrade.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Struggler at large

I'm driving the daylights out of mine, and it hasn't had any issues (yet). Knock on wood.

I have an '05 that I bought back in February/March (i can't seem to actually remember) and I already have over 18K miles on it. **** my commute.

Last edited by gbl102; 10-06-2005 at 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Enthusiast

What's a "check turn lamps" indicator wanting me to check? Is it meaning that a turn signal may have a burnt bulb? Cool...

We haven't had ours long - but the only problem has been with scratches in the lift gate glass. We noticed them while checking the vehicle out (at purchase). It was late at night or we might have missed them (the reflection from the lights made them noticable). We were expecting it to take a couple of weeks - but the dealer had it in stock on the second morning...

Old 10-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Megageek

I've put over 7000 miles on mine since mid-July and no problems with mine other than the idiot behind the wheel for the first couple of thousand miles (until I found GH that is). I just managed to recover from those first 7 tanks of stupidity and made hypermiler status just today. I'm pretty proud that I was able to manage that under less than ideal (somewhat hilly) conditions on my commute here in CT. I can't be happier with mine so far!

Old 10-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

Well I got my car back from the dealer and here is what their diagnosis & fix was...

Cause 5065 69(8C419) 050410B 1.3 performed EEC tests. Retrieved KOEO DT P0A7C, P1A0D, P1AOE & P1A0F. Ran pin point tests per TSB 05-04-10. Replace
08 Cooling system
691 WEV
1 5M6Z*8C419*AD PUMP
ASY
1 VC*4*A Anti-freeze

Replaced faulty M/E coolant pump road tested and retested, OK.

The CHECK TURN LAMPS error message that popped was related to the work above also according to ford.
The bottom line is any error message you get on your console no matter how minor should be checked out asap because these systems appear to so intricately linked to each other that a minor error is probably a leadup to a bigger problem...at least in this car.
That's my take anyway.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I haven't had the opportunity to really dig into the guts of this site yet, so what does hypermiler status mean? Do I qualify since my shiney new FEH is sitting at 35.3 mpg with almost 300 miles on it's very first tank?

Last edited by Wolfman; 10-08-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfman
OK, I haven't had the opportunity to really dig into the guts of this site yet, so what does hypermiler status mean? Do I qualify since my shiney new FEH is sitting at 35.3 mpg with almost 300 miles on it's very first tank?
Hey Bryan,

I think it says on the mileage database page you need to be above the EPA estimates over at least 3,000 miles. Just keep up the good work!

I might give you a run for your money, though... I've gone 323 miles so far on my first tank, and my display is sitting at 36.1 MPG, with 115 MTE. We'll see when I actually fill it up.

Regards,
Fred

Last edited by team_venture; 10-08-2005 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Quick Reply: Hybrid reliability

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands