Hybrid and dogs in cargo area causing hot battery.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid and dogs in cargo area causing hot battery.

Where is the air intake on the 2010+ model years? I am seriously considering upgrading my 2005 to a 2011, but I almost always have my two rotties with me and they shed like crazy.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

@Brianva ~ Moving from an '05 to a '10 FEV will be just delightful for you. I moved from an '06 to a '10 and can hardly believe the differences. Quieter, much better A/C-Heat controls, no gas cap to fool with anymore (or to get lost), better mileage, and so much more. As to the traction battery air vent:
It's a louvered opening about 4" x 4" and 4-1/2" to 8-1/2"" from the floor of the cargo area and starting about 12" from the back of the cargo area. The louvered opening is molded right into the large plastic liner running from the back of the cargo area to the back edge of the back door (driver's side). Molded into the plastic at the top of the opening are the words: "Do not block opening".
There is another opening, I never noticed until now, that is directly under the same aft-most side window (so directly above the one just described) that is only 3 slots (2 louvers) high and 10" wide. I wonder what that one's for????? One gets the impression that the two are related... but ...???
When I get some time I'll check the shop manuals and see what seems to be happening under there.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, say can you post or link to some pictures when you get to that filter/screen progect?? I recently piicked up a '10 Merc Mariner and I have a couple year round sheddin' dogs. Thanks