Hybrid clinic in Portland Oregon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid clinic in Portland Oregon?

Hi:

A friend told me that he heard there was going to be a hybrid Clinic with Ford engineers at the convention center in Portland. Does anyone know anything about this? Sounds a bit strange to me

Dennis

Old 07-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid clinic in Portland Oregon?

It appears to be correct. They want all confirmed attendees to respond by the 21st. The only problem that I saw with it is that the person who sent the email didn't provide a date for the event!

Ford Motor Company will be in Portland promoting the success of the Ford Escape Hybrid. Its fuel efficiency and durability has been tested by taxi owners in San Francisco and New York, with some cabs in San Francisco having accumulated 130,000 miles of around-the-clock use with no major mechanical problems. Drivers are saving up to $30 per shift on gas, which could total more than $6,000 over a year.

While in Portland, Ford Motor Company would like to take the opportunity to cordially invite you to attend a Ford Escape Hybrid Clinic where you will be able to participate in the following:

- Meet and talk with a Ford Hybrid engineer

- Participate in ride and drive opportunities

- Enjoy refreshments

The Ford Escape Hybrid Clinic will be held at the following location:

Hybrid Clinic Location:

Oregon Convention Center

Oregon Ballroom Lobby

777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Portland, OR 97232

Phone: 503-235-7575 or 800-791-2250

Hybrid Clinic Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Please click on this link for directions to the Oregon Convention Center: http://www.oregoncc.org/

If you would like to attend the Ford Escape Hybrid Clinic, please respond by Friday, July 21, 2006, to Zach Wisser at zwisser@pcgcampbell.com.

We hope to see you at a Ford Escape Hybrid Clinic in Portland.

At Ford Motor Company, we respect your privacy. If you would prefer not to receive e-mails from Ford Motor Company in the future, please reply with UNSCRIBE in the subject line.

PCGCampbell/Ford Motor Company

3200 Greenfield Road, Suite 280

Dearborn, MI 48120

Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Kip:

Thank you for your confirmation. I wonder why Ford chose Portland for a clinic. New York, Los Angeles, or Dallas would seem like better sites?

Dennis

Old 07-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast

I checked with the Oregon Convention Center. The Clinic will be Wednesday July 26th at 8:00pm. I plan to attend -- Hope to meet some of you there!

Dennis

Old 07-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast

I just received the identical offer for a meeting in Sacramento on August 2, at the Marriot in Rancho Cordova. I plan on attending, anyone else in Sac going?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Tom,
I got that invite too. I don't think I will be going though. It's on a week night and I live about 2 hours away. With commute traffic probably would take longer.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Enthusiast

I will let you know anything I learn. I will probably be a little late myself, have to pick up some friends at the airport at 5:30. Should be at the Marriot by 6:30. Hopefully we'll have a good representation there, I'd love to get some pics of a wide selection of happy FEH owners. I really like promoting this technology that is available to us right now! If anyone else interested out there can make it, I'm buying after Ford's done!

Tom

Tom