HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

Safety plug properly engaged?
Harness connector properly installed?
Main cable properly installed and levered into position?

Old 12-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
yes sir

Old 12-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

Main cable installed and levered into postion
Harness connector installed and 10mm bolt tightened
Safety plug installed and engaged.

....In that order.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:34 PM

Did you leave one of the connectors to the internal computer loose? IIRC, there are 5-6 of them, and they suck getting them plugged back in.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

Did you leave one of the connectors to the internal computer loose? IIRC, there are 5-6 of them, and they suck getting them plugged back in.
I don't think so. As you know all those connectors are clip in connectors and a pain in the @ss to plug in.

The black cable is my new recharge cable. From the end I get a 341v reading

Old 12-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Could it be that the charge is at 341v? Should I discharge to 330v?

Maybe disconnect the 12v to do a hard reset of the 12v battery?

Last edited by Tribu Tibas; 12-03-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM

No.

Spend $21.95 for full access to Ford's entire tech library for 72 hours.

EDIT: No to discharge. Yes to 12V disconnect, but I doubt that's the issue. Worth trying.

Last edited by S Keith; 12-03-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

No.

Spend $21.95 for full access to Ford's entire tech library for 72 hours.

EDIT: No to discharge. Yes to 12V disconnect, but I doubt that's the issue. Worth trying.
Thanks for all your help Steve. I think we're getting off the HV Battery Jump thread but I've been reading these threads for weeks and you seem to know more than anyone else. I've spent the days googling the symptoms and no one else has had quite the same problem. I have't had the chance to sign up for ford's tech library yet. I wanted to exhaust obvious before I started there. According to FORSCAN there are no issues with my battery pack and it's charged to 341v. Thank you for that.
I've combed over the car and the only thing significant was that my 12v battery pack frequently discharged quickly. Most likely because the vehicle doesn't start and I've had the door open with the scanner on for a significant amount of time. I hooked up a hobby charger to keep the charge while running scans.

Second, the front and rear inertia buttons are sprung and I can't re-engage them. They're spongy to the touch and although I've never used them for this model I'm assuming they need to click back into place.

Third, I try to crank the engine other than the warning triangle and the message to stop soon the vehicle antitheft light comes on.

Last the P1A10 and the P1A14 codes keep coming back no matter what I do.

Do you have any thoughts before I get the 3 day motorcraft subscription? When I parked the vehicle three months ago there was nothing wrong with it. My local hybrid shop wants $100 an hour for diagnosis and they seem shady. I'm sure it's a loose cable or something really stupid that I've overlooked. I need someone smarter than me to go "hey stupid, you missed that...". If I have to fork over $500 to my hybrid shop to replace my blinker fluid, I'm gonna lose my s**t.
Thanks for any insight.

Old 12-04-2019, 05:05 PM

If you're 12V isn't 100% good, replace it. A 3 month sit will kill one unless it's relatively new, or you had it on a maintainer. At a minimum, give it a good full charge before you continue, or attempt to start the car with the 12V jumped to another battery/car.

The $22 gives you full access to ALL the manuals and troubleshooting charts. You can save/print PDFs for later perusal; however, I think you've found the issue, your inertia switches:

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/sfm/pro...eHybridERG.pdf

I suspect the P1A10 is primary, and the P1A14 is likely a result of the P1A10.

While it's likely not your problem, the diagnostics they did clearly show evidence there's an issue with the rear switch:

https://www.underhoodservice.com/pul...tory-of-p1a10/

Also, if using the PC version, you might want to re-run Forscan with a fresh profile. If it senses you are attached to a car it's seen before, it will ask you if you want to re-use that profile. Don't. Let it build a fresh one, and it may find things it won't with the old profile. I've had this happen many times when re-using the last profile.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by patriciaNM
S Keith, I'm sorry there was such a long delay in responding to your extremely helpful post on my options. I had to make sure there would be a vehicle available for me to use and there were complications with that. So, yes, I was worried about problems with #1 and #2 so I am really glad to know option #3 is possible. Now, how can I get the details?

Thank you so much.
Patricia brought her battery to me (from ABQ to PHX), and her vehicle is back up and running. It looked exactly like the first 09 MMH with 60K miles that sat for 6 months that started this whole concept in 2016 - 250V, with all accessible cells on the top measuring the same voltage.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands