HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

I have followed the updated method of charging the pack using the vestigial connectors. The battery had a voltage of around 280v and after charging it for 4 hours the voltage. I found the voltage and soc using the autel mx808. It showed that the charge voltage went up to 355v and the soc at 6% I tried starting the car, it did start ran for a few seconds then shut down. Then I got the P1A0C code (Engine Disabled) I tried clearing all the codes and the car starts but shuts down in a few seconds. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Old 03-13-2023, 04:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronnygracias
I have followed the updated method of charging the pack using the vestigial connectors. The battery had a voltage of around 280v and after charging it for 4 hours the voltage. I found the voltage and soc using the autel mx808. It showed that the charge voltage went up to 355v and the soc at 6% I tried starting the car, it did start ran for a few seconds then shut down. Then I got the P1A0C code (Engine Disabled) I tried clearing all the codes and the car starts but shuts down in a few seconds. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Does the car actually start, or is the HV motor just spinning the engine? Have you confirmed you're getting fuel at the injector rail? I had to replace my fuel pump.

Old 03-13-2023, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Does the car actually start, or is the HV motor just spinning the engine? Have you confirmed you're getting fuel at the injector rail? I had to replace my fuel pump.
WHen I try to start the car, it does something for a few seconds then dies, and returns the engine disables code. Even after having it cleared. Tomorrow, I'll check and see if there is fuel going to the injectors.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

I changed the pump, this is what I get now. I apologies for the blurry image. But now I get P0351,2,3,4 and the P1A0C. What is going on with this car?

Old 04-02-2023, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

I r placed the intention could and the car started right up. Thanks for all the help. I wouldn't be able to do this without this group

Old 04-02-2023, 05:17 PM

Glad it worked for you. It is pretty amazing how much S Keith's ingenuity and hard work has saved people.

Old 04-02-2023, 05:21 PM

intention could = ignition coil?

Old 04-02-2023, 06:13 PM

intention could = ignition coil?
I read it as "extension cable" and believed he was referring to the jumper cable.

Old 04-14-2023, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arunkumar3
Thanks Keith for the detailed explanation.

Yes I'm charging outside of the vehicle, so just want to be sure before installing it back.
I will keep the battery on charge for the next 6 hours and install it back.

HI Everyone.

I finally got all the DC charge parts and have the charging ports hooked up on the Hybrid battery for the next time the Hybrid drops below SOC. Right now I have the external charger hooked up to Hybrid systems and wanted in future can I charge the Hybrid battery in the car with all the ports connected in system.
I read somewhere on the thread if charging connected systems one should hook up a fan while charging in the SUV.
My question I can leave the Hybrid battery connected while charging?

Old 05-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

A tremendous thank you to S Keith and all the others who posted the information on the battery charger. My 2009 FEH was sitting for three weeks and the HEV battery was too low to start the car. After having it towed to the Ford Dealership and spending $700 to have the battery charged, I went on Google and found this thread.

To avoid the repair bill again I broke out my ancient soldering iron, heat shrink tubing and grommets, and bought what else was required. I followed everyones instructions and helpful hints and went to work. For the AC connection I drilled a hole in the metal above the unused 4 pin connector in the back (anyone know what it was used for). I used velcro to attach the HLG-120H-C350A.

The battery voltage wasn't too low to start the car but I did a 1 hour test of the charger and the battery voltage went from 327.18 to 351.2. I still plan on taking the cover off again to follow S Keith's instructions on charging the battery to 100%.

Again, thank you all.

Last edited by AlanN; 05-01-2023 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands