HV battery cooling

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV battery cooling

It just sits there. Since it pulls in it should pull the filter down to "seal" for the most part.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast

TeeSter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was concerned as my dealer had to replace the glass that has the vent for the cooling unit in it and I guess had to take out a lot of the trim in the back when doing so. When I looked under the cover and saw the exposed filter, it made me wonder.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by bstewart
Does anyone know if the paper air filter on the Battery cooling unit has a cover over it ? I opened the access panel on our new 2007 FEH and can the paper filter is just sitting there in the top of the unit. It appears there are two plastic latches over the filter, but no cover that would snap over those latches.
I just checked mine...

I have a black plastic cover, that seals off the opening where you insert/remove the paper filter. It snaps into the two plastic latches. In other words, when I open my access panel, I can not see the paper filter. I have to remove that black cover first, to gain access to the filter.

The P/N on the cover is 5M6H-019B00-AC, if that helps you or your dealer get one.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

Thank Walt -- MUCH appreciated..

Old 09-25-2006, 06:10 PM

Does anyone know if the paper air filter on the Battery cooling unit has a cover over it ? I opened the access panel on our new 2007 FEH and can the paper filter is just sitting there in the top of the unit. It appears there are two plastic latches over the filter, but no cover that would snap over those latches.
Sorry about that... I thought you meant some sort of holder on the filter itself. I see now you were asking about an outside cover for the vent on the inside under the trim panel (I thought thats what you meant by "opening the access panel" and you'd already removed that). To me the other stuff is the "trim panel". In any case there is a small black rectangluar piece that is held in place by the two prongs you mention. If you'd like a picture I can provide one.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:27 PM

Thank Walt -- MUCH appreciated..
No problem.

I knew what you meant.