How to deactivate alarm triggered state?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default How to deactivate alarm triggered state?

In the process of installing the keyless entry keypad, I triggered the alarm.

Following the instructions in the manual, I don't know if I have deactivated the triggered state properly.

It seems like I can lock and unlock the car with the keypad, but I have lost functionality on the 3 open, lock, alarm buttons on my remote control?

Pressing the open, lock or alarm buttons do not do anything to the car now. Is the keyless entry keypad supposed to wipe out the functions on the remote control? Or maybe my car is still triggered state that's why the deactivation procedure is not working?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Technology Enthusiast
Default Re: How to deactivate alarm triggered state?

In the process of programming your keyless entry pad you may have overlooked the fact that you also need to have all key pads and remotes available to complete the process of programming. You probably un programmed your remotes. The following procedure is from FORD:

"How to reprogram your keyless entry remote controls

It is necessary to have ALL (maximum of four-original and/or new) of your remote transmitters available prior to beginning this procedure

To program the transmitters yourself:

1. Insert a key in the ignition and turn from 3(Off) to 4(On) eight times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds) with the eighth turn ending in the 4(On) position.
2. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that programming mode has been entered.
3. Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any button on a transmitter. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.)
4. Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.
5. When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn the ignition to 3(Off) or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.

That's it!"

Have fun

Old 09-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wbruff, thanks that worked.

But the issue of "theft" light keeps flashing still remains. Once I pulled the key out of the ignition, the theft light starts flashing even though the car is not armed yet and I haven't opened the door to get out.

Before this happened, I may have remembered wrong, but I thought the "theft" light only starts flashing once the car is armed?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Technology Enthusiast

Not sure on that one since I do not have that "Theft Light" on my "05 FEH. I did have one on my '02 Explorer. I seem to remember that it was on all the time that the key was out. Perhaps it's just to keep the theives guessing..

Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
Wbruff, thanks that worked.

But the issue of "theft" light keeps flashing still remains. Once I pulled the key out of the ignition, the theft light starts flashing even though the car is not armed yet and I haven't opened the door to get out.

Before this happened, I may have remembered wrong, but I thought the "theft" light only starts flashing once the car is armed?
I'll double check later today, but I'm pretty sure that the theft light flashes all the time when the key isn't in the lock on my '07 too. I have wondered about this myself. Does our system use a "smart key" with a chip that needs to be used to drive the car (so that the car is always armed against being hotwired)?

Old 09-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *elaine*
I'll double check later today, but I'm pretty sure that the theft light flashes all the time when the key isn't in the lock on my '07 too. I have wondered about this myself. Does our system use a "smart key" with a chip that needs to be used to drive the car (so that the car is always armed against being hotwired)?
The theft light comes one once the key is removed. Its normal in my '06. Some if not all of the '05s do not have the feature. Its a part of the PATS key system. There is a chip in the key that will not allow keys that aren't programmed, as well as cut, to start the car.

Its in the manual.