Help for hv battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 08:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Help for hv battery

I finally diassembled the hv battery the one with p0aa6 code. I want to swap the cells on the other one. I don't know how to test for the insulation. Any suggestion please?

Old 07-21-2024, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

They all have at least 6v each. But dark and the end with moisture

Old 07-21-2024, 12:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There should be no moisture or corrosion present. The pictures indicate to me:

1) cell venting.
2) pack immersion
3) major intrusion of moisture into pack.

These are sticks that show no signs of venting or moisture:

Old 07-21-2024, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

Ok thank you Sir. I will clean them and let it dry then put it back

Old 07-21-2024, 01:55 PM

There's nothing you can do to make it okay to put those sticks in a pack. They are pure junk.

Old 07-21-2024, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
There's nothing you can do to make it okay to put those sticks in a pack. They are pure junk.
Oh thank you Sir. I misindurstood.
Any suggestion for the battery with the high deviation?

Old 07-21-2024, 02:37 PM

It's really not clear to me what's going on. You've talked about P0AA6 and del_mod_v issues and you've sent a picture of a pack that's looks like it's been under water.

Please summarize all packs you have by assigning them #1, #2, etc., and any negative conditions you have with them. Please also tie the pack or packs to the pictures you sent.

Old 07-21-2024, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
It's really not clear to me what's going on. You've talked about P0AA6 and del_mod_v issues and you've sent a picture of a pack that's looks like it's been under water.
#1# The pictures are for the battery with the p0aa6. That was the spare battery. That's the one I diassembled.
#2# That's the original battery actually in the car with the del_mor_v issues.
I wanted to use the cells from battery #1 and put in the battery #2 but like you said they are junk

Old 07-21-2024, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by lancey
#1# The pictures are for the battery with the p0aa6. That was the spare battery. That's the one I diassembled.
#2# That's the original battery actually in the car with the del_mor_v issues.
I wanted to use the cells from battery #1 and put in the battery #2 but like you said they are junk
Thank you. It's pretty shocking that the P0AA6 pack works at all. Again, it looks like it as been under water or suffered substantial moisture intrusion possibly via the cooling system if corrosion is limited to just the cells and connections.

The condition of the sticks and pack likely identifies the cause of the P0AA6. If you put them in #2, the P0AA6 code may move to #2.

Can you cut the shrink off one stick and take a picture? Please note that the barrel of each cell is its negative terminal, so if you connect the barrels of two adjacent cells together, you create a short. Avoid doing that.

What does the rest of the pack look like - in particular in the areas where the computer/relay/safety disconnect are on one side and the jump starter is on the other? Bottom of case under where the cell racks go?

Old 07-21-2024, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

They look like the same all of them. None green and clean like the ones you posted

Quick Reply: Help for hv battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands