Good news.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Good news.

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
So becuase there is less traffic on the MMH forum it is okay to post this here? Come on?

Does that mean anything I want to post period should be posted here, just becuase more people might see it?
It really is not worth the effort to communicate with these two fools Trekwars. I don't know what wptski's agenda is other than kissing wwest's a$$ but Willard has historically made posts stating his belief's on why Ford did this or why Ford did that based on his 'extensive' knowledge from reading books and/or press clippings. He compares it to his Toyota Prius (which is a great vehicle in it's own right). He now wants to triumph the fact that he is looking at getting a MMH. Great news for him and I wish him the best with his vehicle but I quit reading his posts a long time ago when I realized he is just a trouble maker. I placed wptski on ignore also because I don't care to see their love fest anymore.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
Stop being an idiot, the FEH and MMH are the SAME vehicle, what you learn or contribute about one is useful for the other.

Look at all the places, forums, you can now go for learning, or contributing, information specific or closely related to the FE's F/awd system.

FE, FEH, MMH, Mariner, Mazda Tribute and CX-7, Toyota Venza and Lexus 2010 RX350, and even the latest model of the Porsche 911.
I think only an idiot would call the FEH and MMH the same vehicle, but what do I know.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
It really is not worth the effort to communicate with these two fools Trekwars. I don't know what wptski's agenda is other than kissing wwest's a$$ but Willard has historically made posts stating his belief's on why Ford did this or why Ford did that based on his 'extensive' knowledge from reading books and/or press clippings. He compares it to his Toyota Prius (which is a great vehicle in it's own right). He now wants to triumph the fact that he is looking at getting a MMH. Great news for him and I wish him the best with his vehicle but I quit reading his posts a long time ago when I realized he is just a trouble maker. I placed wptski on ignore also because I don't care to see their love fest anymore.
lol - thanks.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I think only an idiot would call the FEH and MMH the same vehicle, but what do I know.
Then maybe you wouldn't mind informing the rest of us, since you seem to know, of which differences have importance...??

Does Ford even make a different shop/repair manual for each..??

Old 10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by wwest
Then maybe you wouldn't mind informing the rest of us, since you seem to know, of which differences have importance...??

Does Ford even make a different shop/repair manual for each..??
My '09 manuals:

PC/ED says just '09 on it
Wiring says '09 FE/MM
WorkShop say '09 FE/MM and FEH/MMH

The FEH/MMH have its own wiring diagrams.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I'm just against the general attitude here that if you own a FEH or have something negative to say, you shouldn't post at all. Hey, if you don't like a user's posts or anybody that replies to them, scroll on by or add them to your ignore list. Whatever turns you on, do it!!

You guys are really a odd bunch for sure!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
I'm just against the general attitude here that if you own a FEH or have something negative to say, you shouldn't post at all. Hey, if you don't like a user's posts or anybody that replies to them, scroll on by or add them to your ignore list. Whatever turns you on, do it!!

You guys are really a odd bunch for sure!
I don't mind negative posts - they can be quite informative. I do mind posts dispensing FEH advice based on other hybrids - and not even Ford hybrids at that!

But I also encourage eveyone to use the "ignore" feature rather than use personal put-downs in the threads. I find it wasteful of my time to have to read those kind of posts.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by stevedebi
I don't mind negative posts - they can be quite informative. I do mind posts dispensing FEH advice based on other hybrids - and not even Ford hybrids at that!

But I also encourage eveyone to use the "ignore" feature rather than use personal put-downs in the threads. I find it wasteful of my time to have to read those kind of posts.
Well, I noticed with my first few posts here that there was a certain attitude here that a FEH is like no other vehicle around but the truth is that there are lots of things in common with a FE. The Ford manuals prove that just by their coverage.

There's plenty of incorrect information throughout the internet. Why take it so personally?

Making a open statement of a new addition to one's "ignore" list seems be a status symbol in this forum.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
Well, I noticed with my first few posts here that there was a certain attitude here that a FEH is like no other vehicle around but the truth is that there are lots of things in common with a FE. The Ford manuals prove that just by their coverage.

There's plenty of incorrect information throughout the internet. Why take it so personally?

Making a open statement of a new addition to one's "ignore" list seems be a status symbol in this forum.
These days I don't generally mention WHO is on my ignore list, just that the list exists for those who don't want to hear from a particular person.

As to the FE, yes, much of the mechanical elements like the suspension and styling, interior options, controls, etc., are the same, but the electronics, and by that I mean the engine control electronics, are different and programmed differently. The FE and FEH drive completely differently and really do not bear comparison. If it is question of handling, for example, they would be similar - but still different because of regenerative braking on the FEH, not present on the FE. You could say that the TC is the same, but the ABS is subject to restrictions in the FEH that (so far as I know) do not exist in the normal FE. I suppose that AWD is as close as it gets mechanically, since both types of Escape use the same system.

But the FEH is a different breed. As an example, it only goes backwards using electricity (never propelled by the gas engine)...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Steve, did you miss the fact that the discussion, original question of thread posting appropriateness, was pertaining to the FEH vs the MMH...?

Quick Reply: Good news.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands