Ford Hybrid Transaxle Generations Videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 01:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Hybrid Transaxle Generations Videos

Yes and unfortunately he hasn't posted any new videos in 7 months. I wonder whether his health has taken a turn for the worse, or if his candid and extremely informative videos were a little too much for the higher administration at Weber State University to countenance? It doesn't take much to silence a professor, particularly one whose health is maybe not that great. Kelly uses a wheelchair and he was almost killed in a car accident in 2019. I can imagine that people at Nissan didn't like his video about the Leaf vs. Bolt/Volt very much at all. So maybe they've shut him up. He's there reading from their manual and laughing at it. Having worked in higher education at the upper administrative levels, I can very easily imagine a letter and a phone call to the Dean and the Executive VP of the University saying: "Your professor is being very unfair with us in his videos. Maybe we should pull whatever funding we're sending to fund the vehicles he's talking about?" It's also a state school - which complicates matters. Put pressure on a congresscritter and you can stop somebody's YouTube channel in its tracks, particularly because it looks like it's Weber State University, not John Kelly.

Not hard to do, and I've seen it before. Higher education in America is all about funding sources - attracting them, cultivating them, managing them and keeping them happy. The people who pay the money decide what kind of research and teaching is done, from top to bottom, and telling the full truth and nothing but the truth is a secondary concern. I wonder if he's ever going to start making videos again? I know it's a pandemic, but 7 months is a long time, and he pretty much makes those videos all by himself, so there's very little risk of contagion. I hope he's doing well and gets back to making them, because he's an honest man. Apparently they're constructing a new building out there in Utah and I hope that's the main reason he hasn't been able to make new videos.

From what I understand, Tesla wants everything done by Tesla and nobody else but Tesla. Sales, service, parts, advertising and financing. engineering, construction and assembly. They keep it all in house. There are a grand total of 15 posts to the various Telsa forums here at Greenhybrid and I think that says plenty about what Tesla thinks its owners should do to take any responsibility for fixing their cars. They want nothing to do with any of that. The less you know, the better.

Last edited by AlexK; 11-23-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Unfortunately, de-contenting is epidemic in the hyper competitive auto industry. Increasingly, they don't want owners or independents to work on "their" vehicles. To them, we should just shut up and have it towed to the dealer anytime something happens. Thanks for the insight into Professor Kelly and the "falling" Leaf design.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

He's back after 7+ months! I hope everyone sends him some words of support. John Kelly is one of the finest educators in America, in my opinion. We need a lot more like him.

Last edited by AlexK; 12-12-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Great news! Thanks for sharing!!!