FEH Early Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up FEH Early Impressions

I have been checking out the forum, picking up tips and ideas long before I picked up my FEH. I thought it was long over due for a first post and I managed to find some time. I figured some early impressions might be of value. I picked up my front wheel drive FEH in late September. I found it on the lot, just two days there. It pretty lean in fancy works but the price was affordable.

I have really enjoyed the vehicle in my first 3K miles of driving. In my 2/3 highway and 1/3 suburban driving mix I have averaged 33.4 mpg but that is starting to slip a bit as the northeast winter arrives. It is a treat to see one mileage go up when one gets stuck in a traffic jam. Its only really long trip was a 500 mi round trip to Shenandoah National Park... It handled the winding mountain roads just fine.

I have picked up a lot of good ideas from the forum here. Driving tips have helped me get off to a good start on keeping the economy up, e.g. getting the most of the EV mode and tire pressure needed. I bought a Scan Guage II but that spends most of its time on my Jetta TDI. I also picked up running boards. They add a bit of splash to the otherwise frugal vehicle.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Early Impressions

Originally Posted by teichra
It is a treat to see one mileage go up when one gets stuck in a traffic jam.
It can actually make traffic jams enjoyable, and something to look forward to!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

We just added a 2007 FEH to our fleet of 2 HCHs (2005 and 2006). We love it! Just got it on Thursday of last week. The EV Mode is so seemless and we even starting using the double tap to go into EV. We had a 2005 Escape Limited and find the controls in the 2007 better (feel sturdier) and love the Fuel Economy. with less than 200 miles on it and we are averaging between 34 MPG and 36 MPG in mixed driving. We actually do not mind being stuck in a traffic Jam and love the stealth mode.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

My wife laughs at the idea of the 'stealth mode', something to do with me having the stereo so loud...