FEH air rear conditioner problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 AM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR
Smile FEH air rear conditioner problem

Hi, I have this problem, at morning , and until 11 it goes in EV mode as usual, when day gets hotter, it keeps the ICE on all the time and I can hear the noise of the rear Ac blower working at full speed.
If at this hour I take a freeway and drive at 50 mph for 10 minutes and then stop the vehicle the ice shuts down as usual. And works fine for maybe 20 minutes.
I have three suspects:
The rear Ac unit door ,but get no service soon message
The solenoid, where is it located? I can not find it to test.
The thermistor inside the rear unit, how can I measure it?
I get no error message at all and battery still has not shut Down for overheating but I am afraid this may happen or it will get damaged.
Does anybody knows how the blend door works and a a diagram of it? I see that the actuator controls 2 doors , and maybe one is stuck.
Please help!

Last edited by webcorrecto; 11-29-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH air rear conditioner problem

Here is what I know and I don't know it all.

There is a TSB on changing the blend door motor. I did it on ours and it wasn't that bad if you like to work on stuff. I don't remember the TSB number

The blend door either chooses outdoor air (that comes through the filter) or closes the door and turns on the air conditioner to cool the battery. From what I understand, the battery will turn on the A/C to keep itself cool.

If you hear the fans running, I would think that is a good sign. There are fan failures and I would think that would cause the battery to overheat.

We had fan failure on ours and had them replaced under warranty. As far as I know, the battery never overheated and shut down the car.

Hope this helps

AK