FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Another thousand word photo, as the airbag ejects from a specific area on the 2005 Hybrid.
Name:  fehpassengerairbaglocation.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  43.2 KB

Old 06-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
Another thousand word photo, as the airbag ejects from a specific area on the 2005 Hybrid.
That is great - the 2007 and below owners need not worry...

Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Imported from Detroit

Interest note! I had my 4WD module pulled for a while, replaced it and drove a bit. I plugged in my SG-II and the P1825 DTC is still showing but no "wrench" dash icon! Is this like other DTCs that will self-clear after so many drive cycles?

I guess this would be for DesertDog, is there a way to clear this type of DTC with the SG-II?

Old 06-28-2009, 05:48 PM

This wasn't my issue but read it with interest. Found the attached Ford Modifier's Guide while surfing for other info. Section four provides direct info on the air bag deployment issue discussed above.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Try uploading again... won't work, let me go back & find the link. Hope it helps:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...D_complete.pdf

Old 06-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have recently uncovered a treasure trove of FEH and Ford stuff. I have found out how to use OSC to command the torque going to the rear wheels in an AWD, not just measure it. This same discovery has allowed me to turn of the heater pump and AC clutch and all the other OSC controllable things in the FEH. I can also re-program the instrument cluster, including how to display AVERAGE ECON for FEHs orginally equipped with a nav system. Also, I have just finished up installing an 08 nav unit into an 06, which required some harness work and surgery on the trim plate. The biggest discovery, though, was the CAN message from the PCM to the IC that turns on the ready (car) symbol in the IC. I hope everybody understands the implications of that and why I can't post it in an open forum.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
I have recently uncovered a treasure trove of FEH and Ford stuff. I have found out how to use OSC to command the torque going to the rear wheels in an AWD, not just measure it. This same discovery has allowed me to turn of the heater pump and AC clutch and all the other OSC controllable things in the FEH. I can also re-program the instrument cluster, including how to display AVERAGE ECON for FEHs orginally equipped with a nav system. Also, I have just finished up installing an 08 nav unit into an 06, which required some harness work and surgery on the trim plate. The biggest discovery, though, was the CAN message from the PCM to the IC that turns on the ready (car) symbol in the IC. I hope everybody understands the implications of that and why I can't post it in an open forum.
I don't understand the implications, other than you can let the FEH think it is ready when it isn't or vice versa, but why I don't know. Especially if the signal is only turning on the light rather than making the system actually believe it is ready...

Which brings me to two issues:

1. You realize that by modifying any behavior you violate your warranty, probably including the extra hybrid warranty.

2. Ford has put a LOT of thought and effort into the way the FEH is programmed. The computer instructions are tuned to the particular FEH system (so it is different on the 2009). So the question is not CAN you do it, but WHY would you want to do it.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Imported from Detroit

Carl:

So that means that you could actually turn OFF rear wheel torgue with SG-II coding? I was thinking about hard witing a toggle switch on the output of the 4WD module going to the ITCC, mounting it on the front face of the inside of the consule storage compartment, right next to the where the module is.

Last edited by wptski; 06-30-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 PM

The biggest discovery, though, was the CAN message from the PCM to the IC that turns on the ready (car) symbol in the IC. I hope everybody understands the implications of that and why I can't post it in an open forum.
Good work! Just speculating here, but it might now be possible to enable an EV only mode that could be used for short-term EV operation, like moving the FEH from garage to driveway without starting the ICE. Doesn't the Prius allow this?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Thank you for the recent post on a new "discovery" with the FEH. I'm sure more information will follow in the future after checking with a number of your "associates".

Quick Reply: FEH/4WD/Scanguage-II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands