Feh 2005 after 6 years sitting

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Feh 2005 after 6 years sitting

Hello
I have feh 2005 that sat for 6 years. I followed the forums and built a charger to charge the hv battery manually.
Now I got :
-347v after 6hours
-soc 0%
-p0183 p0193 p2100 p2107 p2110 p0222
I changed the fuel rail pressure.
I cleared the codes but the still come again.
The car starts for 1 minute and goes off with red triangle stop safely now and the wrench light.
Please help me!

Last edited by lancey; 10-07-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Feh 2005 after 6 years sitting

That sounds like fuel delivery.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rex B
That sounds like fuel delivery.
You mean the fuel pump?

Old 10-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lancey
You mean the fuel pump?
Yes, it sounds like it. Also perhaps the throttle body. You have very low SoC but thanks to your charger, sufficient voltage to start the ICE. However, if the fuel pressure and/or throttle body are flakey, it won't stay running long enough for the ICE+motor/generator to take over and really manage the battery and attempt to get it back into normal ranges.

The throttle is all electronic and the computer has to control it to keep the ICE running fast enough to turn the motor/generator and push current into the battery after a long time sitting like this. Remember, this car has no alternator or starter motor. All the electricity is generated inside the transaxle by the 2nd motor in there.

Six years is a long time for a fuel pump to sit and who knows what the stuff in the tank looked like when the pump started pumping?

Diagnosis:

Cleaning:

Pump Woes:

Last edited by AlexK; 10-11-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you for your help. I put new fuel pump, new fuel rail pressure, new throttle body, new gas pedal. I have no code, I reset the pcm, the tcm, the bcm, using forscan and I did the procedures to relearn the throttle body. https://uprev.com/documentation/Rese...-Functions.pdf
I still have 324v when I start the car. There is no response from the gas pedal, but if I move manually the throttle plate, the car accelerates lil bit and shut off. The car stopped working 6 years ago for the same symptoms. I thought it was the throttle body because the code was p2110…. I changed the throttle and same thing. And the car is in Africa.
When I start the car, the rpm remains on 0 and the gauge doesn’t move. The yellow wrench comes too. I don’t know if the Soc has something important in it, but even after 6 years the voltage was 166v before I use the charger.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:20 PM

When I start the car, the rpm remains on 0 and the gauge doesn’t move. The yellow wrench comes too. I don’t know if the Soc has something important in it, but even after 6 years the voltage was 166v before I use the charger.
Does the internal combustion engine ever start or even turn? The tachometer should MOVE after all this time because your high voltage battery is almost dead.

Try to start the car and hold the gas pedal all the way down and keep it there.

If you never see *any* RPM on the tachometer, something is wrong.

The car has *no starter motor.* When you turn the key to START all the way, the electronics should attempt to start the internal combustion engine using the electric motor in the *transaxle.* The computer is directing power from the high voltage battery to attempt to start the gas engine. Then the car should attempt to use the internal combustion engine to *recharge the high voltage battery.*

Here is an important question also: what is the condition of the 12 Volt battery under the hood? MAKE SURE it is fully charged. Connect a jump start vehicle, and then watch the third video above very carefully.

Let us know if you ever see any RPM shown on the tachometer. You should.

Last edited by AlexK; 10-11-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Enthusiast

The 12v battery is good and I always keep a charger on it when I am starting the car. Like I said the car can stay 1mn on idle but with no rpm, if you push the gas pedal it shuts off. I don’t understand what you are asking about the internal combustion. I took off the oxygen sensor and started the car to see if the exhaust was clogged, but still the same

Old 10-11-2021, 04:00 PM

The 12v battery is good and I always keep a charger on it when I am starting the car. Like I said the car can stay 1mn on idle but with no rpm, if you push the gas pedal it shuts off. I don’t understand what you are asking about the internal combustion. I took off the oxygen sensor and started the car to see if the exhaust was clogged, but still the same
The HV battery is just spinning the engine. Does it really spin for 60 full seconds?

You said you "changed the fuel rail pressure." How?

Did you confirm you get gas from the fuel line with ignition on by unplugging the fitting?

I had to replace the entire fuel pump assembly on my '05. The pump was dead AND, the output line actually fractured.

Is there a reason you built the charger instead of using the built-in charger?

Old 10-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Enthusiast

Yes the longest time was 1mn15sec. The fuel rail pressure sensor I meant. The reason I used the charger, it's because with the jumpstart button the 12 v was discharging quick so the flash becomes slow at the 3 attempt.
​​​​​​So with the charger, I got 355v after 6h and the car started directly. But the throttle plate was stuck closed (impossible to move it with your fingers if the key is in on position) until I did the relearn procedure ( I am able to move the plate with my fingers now).
Curiously yesterday, with my 07 Camry hybrid, I push the button to on position and press the gas pedal at the floor, and off position. After doing that, I got the car in limp mode with no gas pedal responding and the message ''check the hybrid system''. I cleared the code and wait 5mn, then it worked. I was thinking the limp mode, and did a lot research, it's common with Ford without any major reason.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:40 AM

Yes the longest time was 1mn15sec. The fuel rail pressure sensor I meant. The reason I used the charger, it's because with the jumpstart button the 12 v was discharging quick so the flash becomes slow at the 3 attempt.
​​​​​​So with the charger, I got 355v after 6h and the car started directly. But the throttle plate was stuck closed (impossible to move it with your fingers if the key is in on position) until I did the relearn procedure ( I am able to move the plate with my fingers now).
Critical that your 12V be healthy for HV jump. Holding a charge does not mean healthy. Best way to use HV jump is with running jump vehicle attached to 12V to power HV jump starter with jump vehicle alternator.

I don't see that you answered me. Did you disconnect the fuel rail hose and confirm that you are getting fuel to the rail with key-on/engine-off?

Quick Reply: Feh 2005 after 6 years sitting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands