FEH '09 Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post FEH '09 Cabin Air Filter

Simply put. I can't find it. Looked in what I think is the '08's CAF spot but can't seem to find it. The user guide said it's the same model # but no pix or anything.....
Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH '09 Cabin Air Filter

I can't even find my 09 FEH. Dealer said he would have a VIN next week.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
Simply put. I can't find it. Looked in what I think is the '08's CAF spot but can't seem to find it. The user guide said it's the same model # but no pix or anything.....
Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Try posting a photo of the engine compartment and we might be able to locate it.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Are you referring to the battery air filter or the cabin air filter? The battery air filter is in the rear cargo area, drivers side (at least on the '08). The cabin air filter (at least on the '08) is under the plastic cover (cowl) below the windshield wiper on the passenger side. The filter area isn't visible without removing this plastic cover.

All of this might have changed for the '09. If so, I'm becoming more and more surprised at the amount of little (or at least moderate) changes that have been put into the '09 when the '08 was a pretty big change (cosmetically at least) from the '05-'07. Will Ford stick with the new '09 changes for a while or keep refining at this pace each year? Seems they would want to keep the parts list down as a cost saving measure?

Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: FEH '09 Cabin Air Filter

Originally Posted by Billyk
Try posting a photo of the engine compartment and we might be able to locate it.
Thanks guys! Took another look still can't find the cabin air filter .... yep I've seen and held the Batt filter & engine filter ..... Just thanks again for all your help guys!

Wide Shot

Closer left

Closer right

I think it might be under here on the right... or it's the wiper motor...

Old 08-03-2008, 02:59 AM

The white arrows point to three of the plastic nuts that need to be removed to access the cabin filter. I think there is two or three more plastic nuts that are also in this area (closer to the windshield) that also need to be removed.

fordescapehybridcabinfilter.jpg?t=1217757435

Old 08-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk
The white arrows point to three of the plastic nuts that need to be removed to access the cabin filter. I think there is two or three more plastic nuts that are also in this area (closer to the windshield) that also need to be removed.

Yea in our 08's, but don't we also have a screen in the side wall of the plastic? This looks solid. I'm betting it's been moved to the dr side somewhere, or deleted all togather??? (can't look at mine, wife has it at work.)

Old 08-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Yea in our 08's, but don't we also have a screen in the side wall of the plastic? This looks solid. I'm betting it's been moved to the dr side somewhere, or deleted all togather??? (can't look at mine, wife has it at work.)
Took a look and even removed the three "screws." I CAREFULLY lifted the plastic, with the 09 it's all one piece, still attached to the rest of the car. Underneath the left side, I can see a wire mesh. I would not call it a filter at all.
So looks like you're right. Ford deleted it all together???

PS I can already see bugs on it..... can't wait to see it @ 50,000 miles!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 AM

There is a little vent for the cabin filter. The arrow below points to the vent location. The cabin filter (should be the same as the 2008 model) fits in the area shown in my previous post. This vent is identical to my 2005 Escape Hybrid.

fehairintakeforcabinfilter2009.jpg?t=1217789255

Old 08-03-2008, 11:59 AM

2005 FEH with the location for the cabin filter and vent.
Feh2005showingventandcabinfilter.jpg?t=1217789896

Quick Reply: FEH '09 Cabin Air Filter

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands