Features of the scanguage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Features of the scanguage?

Were the last two posts talking about retrieving SOC info with the SGII or by other means?? Could a SGII be sent back for reprogramming like the Edge programing tuners to retrieve additional data?? Can a factory nav system be plugged into a FEH that didn't come with one??
Thanks
Mike

Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was referring to retrieving the SoC by other means. I'm not planning on purchasing a scanguage, but am annoyed at the missing functionality on the non-nav package of the FEH. So I've just started a little project, that should fix the situation.

I started the thread as I was interested in knowing what owners of the FEH thought was missing from the scanguage, or missing information that could be useful to the driver that is not given to the driver in a stock setup.

jeff.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't know how much the Scanguage is, but what about using an old Palm Pilot and an $85 OBDII cable....

http://students.db.erau.edu/~szabafab/stein/palmtop.htm

I wonder if this program can provide all the same info as the Scanguage does?

Old 07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

There are many applications that provide the information, similar to what the scanguage will do. I thought about using my visor, but I don't like having to use the batteries, and I'd also have to get a serial cable for the visor.

I've found one that claims to give the SoC for the FEH, but it runs on a PC. I'll be checking this out shortly, as soon as I get the interface between the laptop and the car finished.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'd settle for a little display with some colored LED's that help me monitor the wattage output of the motor. According to numbers posted earlier, the ICE trips at 15,000 watts. I'd like maybe a single Green LED when I am under 11,000, then a yellow LED at 12,000, a second yellow at 13,000, a third yellow at 14,000, and then a red LED at 15,000. Or something to that effect. Just an easy visual cue to help keep me from pressing that pedal to hard.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I could see that being beneficial. I was thinking of doing something like what John suggested with a red LED solid or blinking when getting too close to the threshold where the ICE would turn on. I think I have enough LEDs to put in a few for various levels. I should look into the little LED bar graphs a friend of mine just picked up, and maybe incorporate that showing how close you are to the threshold, ie. how much assist you're using and how far you are from tripping the ICE.

jeff.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Enthusiast

Everythingsgonegreen:

Hey Jeff, I'm curious how your search for the codes to get a state of charge (Soc) on the scanguage is comming?

Old 07-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm almost at the point of seriously searching. I should have my interface to the car complete on Monday, and so far I've been searching for the codes online. The immediate problem is that it appears to be in one of the 'non-standard' modes, that are manufacturer specific, and the information isn't necessarily public information (seems to require memberships in a few places to get what the extended codes mean).

What I've found so far (other than all of the generic stuff available through OBD-II that the scanguage delivers) is a bunch of ford specific CAN network trouble codes and regular codes. The people over at http://www.obd-2.com/ have a ford HYBRID specific data file that covers mode $01, $22, $23, and $AE, that claims that SoC is PID 8 (I'm not sure that's right as the pid's are not listed in hex like the regular one's, so it may have just been counting them). Now, I'm 99.9% sure it's not in $01 as that is publicly documented and if I recall correctly PID 9 might be taken, and I've found a definition for what mode $22 contains in general, so I'm currently looking for what type of data is stored in mode $23 and $AE.

I'm really trying hard not to have to decode their data file, especially when I'm really immediately only interested in one of the values. But it will be more pressing to figure it out as soon as the interface to the car is done. Asside from that I've got a microcontroller almost ready to go with an basic lcd display to be powered by the car to display the data.

If you have any insight on this, or anyone has a subscription/membership somewhere that gives out the Ford specific obd data for the hybrid, please let me know, might save some time!

jeff.

Last edited by everythingsgonegreen; 07-15-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Good luck Jeff -- Break a leg!!!

Dennis

Old 07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Hi Jeff! Sounds like you are doing awesome. You've gone a lot further than most.
If/when you get it sorted out, we'll all ( well, most ) be kissing the ground you walk on. A SOC indication for those without the Navi package will be a huge asset.

Since I'm not so computer hacker inclined, I'd probably go the mechanical route myself, and rig a volt meter and ammeter to the HV pack and display that.

I like your way better!

Good Luck!
-John

Quick Reply: Features of the scanguage?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands