Enginer bttery kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Enginer bttery kit

I'd rather use an electric blanket than a trickle charger, but whatever it takes.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

what do you mean by using a triclke charger? the hybrid battery is 325 Volts.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Years thru 2008 used a trickle charger connected to the block heater cord, to keep the HV battery warm.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

oh yeah

Old 05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by subdewd
http://www.enginer.us/

Actually I'm in the process of installing, I've got most of the wiring in I'm waiting for my battery balancer
before it will be ready. It's a 4kWh kit.
I had to open up the factory battery to get to the contacts where I could mount the wires from the kit.
That was a little difficult because there were a couple of screws on the side of the housing it needed to be raised up to access them.
Their business model leaves something to be desired. And the quality of the wiring is not up to OEM standards, but seems adequate.
I'll mount the battery in the cargo area, I'll have to fabricate some brackets to bolt it down.
Could you describe the details of your procedure to access the pos & neg hi voltage wiring in the contactor box? I do not like cutting OEM wire to make connections so I would prefer doing it similar to what you did. Did you use any special precautions to protect yourself, the vehicle, and battery pack?
If it is too much to discuss here, you could call me and I can call you back. 814-438-2050.
Thanks
Ed

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

Has anybody had their pack open and looked at the layout of the contactor box? I am interested in how the high voltage wires are attached there.
Ed

Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry I missed this for so long, Anyway it is fairly easy once the cover screws are
removed, there are 3 or 4 that are acessable only if the batteryis raised up. There are 2
terminals that are located past the contactors where I screwed the wires to.
I work with electricity so I am versed in safety, I would not suggest this for anyone without proper training, proceed at you own risk,
Again sorry for the delay I don't check this board every day

Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Anymore updates? Photos? I am looking to have this unit installed in my vehicle around four months from now via an Enginer installer.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands