Enginer bttery kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Enginer bttery kit

ok so if you haven't seen this it's an aux battery that is parallel with the High voltage battery. It feeds current to the HVB as it runs down to increase the distance you can travel on the factory battery.
Anyway I ordered it and am in the process of installing the kit. It was designed for the prius (what's new), but the voltages are adjusted for other vehicles;
I had my high voltage and 12 volt batteries disconnected for at least 18 hrs
When I hooked it all back up all the radio stations were kept, the time was set right and the trip OD was still set. Are these items stored in a NVRAM or is there another battery hidden I'm not aware of?

Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Enginer bttery kit

Could you post a photo and/or additional details on this item you are referring to?

Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Curmudgeon

I have nothing to offer regarding the extra battery but I'd love to hear about your experience with the Enginer kit! Did you put a 4kwh system in? How/where does it fit in the FEH? Have you done any driving with it and how much of a bump in FE do you get? What year FEH do you have?
Thanks!
Brian

Old 11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

http://www.enginer.us/

Actually I'm in the process of installing, I've got most of the wiring in I'm waiting for my battery balancer
before it will be ready. It's a 4kWh kit.
I had to open up the factory battery to get to the contacts where I could mount the wires from the kit.
That was a little difficult because there were a couple of screws on the side of the housing it needed to be raised up to access them.
Their business model leaves something to be desired. And the quality of the wiring is not up to OEM standards, but seems adequate.
I'll mount the battery in the cargo area, I'll have to fabricate some brackets to bolt it down.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Curmudgeon

Cool!
Please keep us updated! I've a 2011 FEH that I'm planning on doing the same thing. Currently getting 35mpg pre Enginer install so I'll be interested to hear what you have to say!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by subdewd
http://www.enginer.us/

Actually I'm in the process of installing, I've got most of the wiring in I'm waiting for my battery balancer
before it will be ready. It's a 4kWh kit.
I had to open up the factory battery to get to the contacts where I could mount the wires from the kit.
That was a little difficult because there were a couple of screws on the side of the housing it needed to be raised up to access them.
Their business model leaves something to be desired. And the quality of the wiring is not up to OEM standards, but seems adequate.
I'll mount the battery in the cargo area, I'll have to fabricate some brackets to bolt it down.
What is the year of your Ford Motor company hybrid?

Old 11-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh yeah, It's a Mercury Mariner 2007,

Old 11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

What radio do you have?
In the case of Navi, the GPS sets the clock, so as soon as the GPS boots up, you have an on-time clock.

I think last time I disconnected my 12v the data in my Navi was retained. So that points to NVM. There is no aux. battery.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah I've got the navigation sys. Also
I heard from the Enginer manufactuer that I
could have taped into the HV wires outside of the
battery case,

Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Curmudgeon

Any updates or impressions on your enginer system?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands