Electric Cabin Heater Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Default Re: Electric Cabin Heater Pump

Originally Posted by rocket
I'm still going to check the fuses and relays but it would be nice if I could get the part number for the heater pump. Can anyone help??
Your in luck Rocket, I called the parts dept. and they did have a problem knowing what to look for. After I made sure they were not looking at the M/E pump they found the heater pump in their parts computer. The parts # is 6M6Z18D473AA and the price they quoted was $137.78. I would change that pump myself but I don't know how much you know about cars.

GaryG

Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

For what it's worth, the cabin heater pump in my 2008 MMH was bad probably on delivery; I had posted the symptoms here (no heat in EV) shortly after I bought the car and you all diagnosed it for me. The dealer was impressed when I told them what the problem was and fixed it under warranty. It can't be too uncommon.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, I will get it in tomorrow and post the results.

Whew......only 500 miles left....

Thanks again!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by specelec
Whew......only 500 miles left....
I don't want to hijack the thread (either) or start a big debate, but, here goes.

If you personally feel that a Ford "manufacturer" warranty extension would be a good thing in your personal situation, I suggest you look into it before you pass the 36,000mi limit. The Ford 3yr/36,000mi warranty can be extended as long as you are still within both of those limits.

If you are interested, there are dealers that will sell the same Ford warranty extensions your local dealer offers for far less than most local dealerships charge.

NOTE: Warranty extensions aren't for everybody and some consider them a rip off. There's no need to get into a big debate on this thread about it. I'm simply trying to let him know about the 3yr/36,000mi limit on extending it. Ultimately, the choice to extend is up to individual preference/situation.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

From one Chris to another, thanks for the advice. I have decided NOT to get an extended warranty, but am glad that this occurred within the warranty limits. I weighed the pros and cons and have decided to put money away for future repairs, buy a repair manual soon, and do what I can myself to keep repairs costs to a minimum.

This forum and others have been extremely helpful in diagnosing problems (sync mic replacement), and giving me the edge up on the interesting people that I've met at the dealership.

I hope my decision works out for me but for others your results may vary.

Thanks again.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

Here's the update: Dealer replaced 8m6z-18d473-a pump assembly and all is working fine now. So I guess the life span for the pump is <36K????

Also, it seems to take longer to go into EV mode that it has the past couple of weeks.

Strange!

Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem with cabin heat and suspect that the pump is bad.

Anyone have any thoughts about pulling the fuse or the relay to the pump during the summer to extend the life of the pump?

AK

Old 12-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by specelec
...Dealer replaced 8m6z-18d473-a pump assembly and all is working fine now...
What did they charge for that?