Dumb 4x4 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Default Re: Dumb 4x4 question

Originally Posted by stevedebi
I'm wondering if some of the 09-10 FEH will get reprogrammed brake software. In 2009 they tried to make the brake "feel" more like normal brakes, rather than regenerative brakes. They did this with software, and Ford is going to change the FFH to modify the software.
The '09 FEH has a much better brake pedal feel than my '05 FEH. It's like comparing non power brakes to the '09 FEH. The '09 FEH has been out almost a year before the '10 FFH and no programming problems that I've heard of yet. There may have been a brake programming change because of the variable voltage converter (VVC) in the FFH.

GaryG

Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dumb 4x4 question

Originally Posted by GaryG
The '09 FEH has a much better brake pedal feel than my '05 FEH. It's like comparing non power brakes to the '09 FEH. The '09 FEH has been out almost a year before the '10 FFH and no programming problems that I've heard of yet. There may have been a brake programming change because of the variable voltage converter (VVC) in the FFH.

GaryG
No, the reported FFH problem was with that same programming to create a "much better brake pedal feel". In trying to mask the regenerative braking, they had to change the pedal feel with software, which means the software could have a bug. This is the same problem that the Gen 3 Prius has encountered. The programmed "feel" can cause the user to think that there is no braking being applied.

I have not heard that it affects the 2009-2010 FEH, but it is the same sort of programming.