Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Does 2008 MMH have Sync?

Does the 2008 come with Microsoft Sync?

Old 11-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Old 11-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Default Re: Does 2008 MMH have Sync?

I had a feeling that the dealer was lying to me.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:24 AM

Don't expect to get steering wheel mounted radio controls on an '08 model either.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by MyPart
Don't expect to get steering wheel mounted radio controls on an '08 model either.
Yes, I think steering wheel mounted radio controls are a must on any vehicle.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:19 AM

Most Dealers (salesmen) know nothing. They will tell you a vehicle has everything available either out of ignorance or just to make the sale.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
Most Dealers (salesmen) know nothing. They will tell you a vehicle has everything available either out of ignorance or just to make the sale.
I agree, but it was strange that the dealer came running after me after I put down a deposit and left to tell me it has Sync.
He made the sale. He didn't have to run out and tell me.

btw, anyone know what color cloth interior the ice blue MMH has?

Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicst47
I agree, but it was strange that the dealer came running after me after I put down a deposit and left to tell me it has Sync.
He made the sale. He didn't have to run out and tell me.

btw, anyone know what color cloth interior the ice blue MMH has?
I think Ford's "Sync" program is pretty new, so it will start appearing on more vehicles as '08 and '09 progress. However, the hybrids may be one of the last. I say this because it appears that Ford is limited in their electronics. They list a number of features available for the Escape (and Mariner), but then state that many of them (such as a headrest DVD player) are not available on the hybrid. I think it's just too many electronics for them to squeeze into one vehicle - for now. I'm sure they'll correct this soon.

As for steering wheel radio controls - my Saturn Vue had them. And about 95% of the time, I forgot about them and reached for the ***** or buttons! It's not like the radio is so far away from the steering column that this is a huge convenience. Plus, with the Navigation system right there, I find myself reaching for those controls all the time. Therefore, unlike Nicst47 who feels those controls are a must, I feel they are a luxury - and one I probably wouldn't use much (based on how infrequently I used them on my Vue). Plus, if you're like me, you may listen to your iPod more in your car anyway, so you may not change the station or volume much, thereby decreasing the need for steering wheel controls.

Oh, and the only interior color - cloth or leather - for both the Escape and Mariner Hybrids is "stone", which looks more like a light tan/beige.

Last edited by doctoru2; 11-23-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
I think Ford's "Sync" program is pretty new, so it will start appearing on more vehicles as '08 and '09 progress. However, the hybrids may be one of the last.
It is a surprise that the gas 2008 FE/MM's don't have Sync. They have the "right" NAV system now, and Sync was made available on all other new or redesigned vehicles.

I do think that the gas FE/MM will get Sync before the hybrids. That's because Ford has to combine the hybrid software with the Sync software, for the hybrid's NAV system. There just might not be enough potential sales to cover the time and expense to do it.

Also, Sync right now is on allocation. So, adding the Sync option onto any Ford vehicle adds a few weeks onto the wait. With the hybrids already at a 16 week wait, would any sane person want to add a few more weeks onto that?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:24 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

I was at the San Diego Auto Show yesterday where a factory rep gavbe me a SYNC demo. I asked about SYNC for FEH. She said it is scheduled for the '09 models.

I alos found '08 non-hybrid escape models with sound controls on the steering wheel. I expect these wheels will fit the hybrids. But, the steerig wheel buttons for the Sync option have different labels.

Sync has a USB connection for a music device, and bluetooth for the telephone. Sync interfaces with the phone, and can get some NAV data from the telephone address book. The information varies with the type of phone book program.

Sync is nice!

Quick Reply: Does 2008 MMH have Sync?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands