Diminished Value Claim

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Default Diminished Value Claim

Diminished Value Claim
A lady pulled out of a plaza and my son hit her car with his '12 Focus. Her insurance has taken 100% at fault and is repairing the Focus at an estimated $6,500 in damage to the right front end with heavy damage to the right suspension.

The Focus has almost 40,000 miles now and I'm hearing I may be able to file a diminished value claim. I haven't discussed this yet with her Progressive Insurance Company, but the repairs are going to be completed next week. Also, Progressive waited 6 days to get my son a rental car claiming they had not completed their investigation of responsibility. Does this mean I also have a loss of use claim. Progressive wanted me to file a claim with my Allstate Policy, but I refused because my son was not at fault.

Do any of you have any knowledge on this subject and can give me information about this accident?

Gary

Old 06-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Administrator
Default Re: Diminished Value Claim

you're better off calling your own insurance and for them to file a claim vs progressive. less headache. diminished value claim is kind of iffy. you have to have a lawyer that can process those.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Diminished Value Claim

Diminished Value can be claimed in all 50 states. A claim must be filed with the at-fault insurance company. There is a website called www.CarAccidentRecovery.com that can help you with this process. My 21 year old niece used their service and received a check within 15 days.