****!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default ****!!!!!

Of all of the crap luck. I've barely had my FEH for a week, and I took a rock in the windshield on the way to work this afternoon. Now it's cracked. Less than 1500 miles on it, and still with the temp tag on the back. Does anyone have any idea what a windshield is gonna cost me? I really don't expect Ford to ante up for a stupid rock.

If these windshields are this fragile, I see myself adding no deductible coverage on my insurance to cover replacing them.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: ****!!!!!

Wow, and my thread is still on the first page, I'm surprised you didn't just post there.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...sigh.4075.html

It depends on where you go and your insurance. For example, talking with AAA, it was $250, and to replace it at the glass place I went to was $200 without using insurance, but because the dealer sent me, and they were real nice, it was only $100 with insurance, they took care of the other $150.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 10-14-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Haha...the same thing happened to me right after I bought my Insight too. I stumbled on a website online that had some kind of promotion that made it free for me. I think my insurance covered only $100 and they covered the other $200. If I can find it again I'll post it, it used to be on banner rotation on a forum I visit regularly but I haven't seen it in a while.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mine took a rock less than a week after I got it. I "fixed" the chip temporarily with one of those $10 kits from the parts place. Can't even see the spot unless you are hunting for it.

In Massachusetts, as long as you have the comprehensive insurance, there is no deductible on glass so I could get it changed for $0. I just don't like the idea of having the windshield out. I'll wait until it spreads.

I doubt the FEH windshield is any less fragile than any other windshied. The glass is all made to DOT standards.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Banned
Default I Must be Lucky

Çhý££ íñ thé Ãír, that must have been a big one that hit your Insight. Since it's sloped a lot more, it would have to be bigger to do damage.

That reminds me to take the touchup paint on the specks the rocks have made on the engine hood....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands