Clinton and Gore drive MMH!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Clinton and Gore drive MMH!

John Edwards also purchased an Escape Hybrid earlier this year (do you think he had to wait months for his?). He has a fleet of automobiles. Hey, if you can afford it, good for you. However, Edwards was the same individual that this summer stated something like:

"If I am President, I would ask Americans to give up their SUVs because they are gas hogs".

If the Escape Hybrid can exceed the fuel efficiency of most cars, then how can he make a statement like this? He should have said something like:

"we need to make SUVs more fuel efficient like the Ford Escape Hybrid".

I'm assuming he did not make a statement like this because his Hybrid purchase is based upon "projecting an image" rather than substance.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

You'll find that practically every candidate has a FEH; they need to convey fuel efficiency and domestic manufacturing. Currently, there's none better to show that message than the FEH/MMH/MTH.

Recently, Ford had a press release about it, as the "Candidates Choice", and were planning on giving away buttons at the debates for the FEH.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
You'll find that practically every candidate has a FEH; they need to convey fuel efficiency and domestic manufacturing. Currently, there's none better to show that message than the FEH/MMH/MTH.
That's most of it, project an image. "well I own a FEH" Does it get used? What about the mansion sucking up power, private jet, etc. etc. "But I own a Hybrid" Might as well order that Big Mac, supersized with a Diet Coke!

Old 11-25-2007, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
That's most of it, project an image. "well I own a FEH" Does it get used? What about the mansion sucking up power, private jet, etc. etc. "But I own a Hybrid" Might as well order that Big Mac, supersized with a Diet Coke!
Excellent point! That is why I admire Ed Begley, Jr. This guy could afford the biggest and the best of everything, but instead bought a 2 bedroom home and renovated it to be the most environmentally-friendly.
LOVE HIS SHOW ON HGTV!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

i met Al in CO. he was in a Lincoln Stretch limo. Aurora. in '06. i love him. he is green. but he has sold out. Watch Living with ED. he gets it I love his wife Rachelle. she is great. she eggs him on.

Last edited by Jerry&Natalie; 11-25-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
Excellent point! That is why I admire Ed Begley, Jr. This guy could afford the biggest and the best of everything, but instead bought a 2 bedroom home and renovated it to be the most environmentally-friendly.
LOVE HIS SHOW ON HGTV!
I've been watching Ed too and he's headed in the right direction but what I keep seeing is him and all his guests having way more money into their toys than getting any return or payback. Id like to see more details on how much they are spending on these systems.

I can't buy solar panels and wind generators that make no economic sense, and when I do the math they don't.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
i met Al in CO. he was in a Lincoln Stretch limo. Aurora. in '06. i love him. he is green. but he has sold out. Watch Living with ED. he gets it I love his wife Rachelle. she is great. she eggs him on.
I agree. Living With Ed is a great show to watch.
I've looked into the electric truck Ed has. It won't be available until at least another year.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 AM
MAB
Enthusiast

The one I like is Obama going to Detroit and "demanding" that they build more fuel-efficient cars. Right.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by MAB
The one I like is Obama going to Detroit and "demanding" that they build more fuel-efficient cars. Right.
Hmmm, and that didn't work?

Quick Reply: Clinton and Gore drive MMH!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands