Cabin air filter for 2008 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Cabin air filter for 2008 FEH

So I went down to PartSource today (I'm in Calgary) to try and snag a cabin air filter for my 08 FEH. They looked it up in their computer and brought forward a MicronAir filter. I've used these before in my Jetta and loved em. I went home, attempted to put the filter in and found it to be the completely wrong shape.

The one they gave me is a long rectangular filter, the 08 has a rather odd shaped filter. I brought back the filter, they refunded me for it and stated that their computer has no other records for other cabin filters on an 08 FEH.

Does anyone know of any places in Canada that sell the CAF for an 08? I can buy one from the stealership but they want about $60 for it and I laughed at him.

Any input is appreciated.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cabin air filter for 2008 FEH

Try this thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Try this from NAPA :
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50028+2028090

Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just make one from a Home Depot furnace filter. You get a better filter at a fraction of the price for just a few minutes work cutting it to shape.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'll second that, and did it myself. Like most (all?) of you my FEH didn't come with a filter, but I found that out before I bought it because I asked the dealer to show me how to replace it before I signed the deal (my wife has allergies so I knew I'd be putting in a better one than stock). They gave me a boxed one at delivery and I used it as a form for making my own. One layer of furnace filter, several layers of activated carbon sheets, and top it off with a larger piece of furnace filter to keep dust out of the carbon and you have a filter that removes most of the smell of gas fumes from the car in front of you.

I have a question though...does anyone know if there is a position in the car for an internal filter that is active for recirculating air? I'm thinking about permanently closing the outside air duct, and want to filter the recirculated air to improve air quality.

Originally Posted by econoline
Just make one from a Home Depot furnace filter. You get a better filter at a fraction of the price for just a few minutes work cutting it to shape.