Bumper Touch Up ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Bumper Touch Up ?

This is off topic for hybrids but maybe you guys can help. My FEH has the unpainted grey plastic bumpers, and I very slightly touched my right front bumper against the garage stucco this afternoon. There are some light scratches to the bumper plastic, not hard to see if you look.

Has anyone successfully fixed a blemish like that on a bumper, and how did you do it? I'm thinking a light sanding, but I don't want to make it worse. Thanks for any advice.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bumper Touch Up ?

I have an Escape with the grey bumpers/cladding. No, there is not an easy way to get the scratches out, I'm sorry to say. I was forced to swerve and hit a telephone pole, and even well beyond the initial impact, where the pole barely touched the sides, they had to replace it all. If you decide to replace, be sure to triple-check the part numbers. It took 4 tries for Ford to send the right part.