Backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Backup camera

Originally Posted by DavidH
It is the same. My 08 nav is dealer installed, and they mistakenly gave me the Navigator NAV supplement. It has the steering wheel controls, the mirror interface, bluetooth, back seat dvd controls, and a backup camera.
just the guy i'm looking for-
can you answer a couple questions please:

1) was it a hassle to add the nav after and what did it run (if you dont mind answering $ questions). I am looking for either a mariner or escape hybrid and just found an escape with everything I want but the NAV.
2) what do you mean by "nav supplement" you mean you have steering wheel controls and bluetooth and all that. Or just that i gave you the manual for that?
3) I actually would love to have bluetooth also so can I just buy a Lincoln NAV kid and get it installed and it would have bluetooth?

Old 09-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michaelk

2) what do you mean by "nav supplement" you mean you have steering wheel controls and bluetooth and all that. Or just that i gave you the manual for that?
I will add to that question, do you mean the Ford/Microsoft "Sync" stuff ???

Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

When I bought the FEH08, the dealer had one in stock with all that I wanted, except factory NAV. He had a third party install the NAV. I think the biggest problem was getting the NAV unit. We took delivery of the vehicle, and returned it to the dealer a month later so they could install the NAV. THey retured the car with the NAV installed, but with old MAPs and no manual. The installer mailed me the manual, but it was for a Lincoln. I called the installer. It took another two weeks to get the correct manual, and another month to get the newer map DVD.

The installer said these are the same hardware, just the install DVD and manuals are different. I asked him about installing the handsfree option. He said tht needs the steering wheel controls, so it would not work on the FEH. He did not say if there were other issues.

The dealer charged be the difference between the NAV option and audiophile option. (The FEH already had the audiophile option).

I do not know if hands free on the Lincoln is Microsoft. I think the Lincoln manual was for an 07 Lincoln Navigator.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for all the helpfull information.

One last question-
Do you get the energy management display too- or just the navigation?

Old 09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

It has the energy display. And all the part number/dsplay numbers appear to match a factory installed unit.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

GREAT-

thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM
2008 FEH Owner

Hi,

I just bought an FEH 2008 with NAV. If I read this right... I can get the bluetooth phone enabled by obtaining the Lincoln Navigator NAV DVD? Doesn't it need a mike somewhere or is that another wiring adventure?

Thanks
Rich

Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

I expect bluetooth on the Lincoln is more than just the CD. It has steering wheel audio controls and a mirror with a microphone. And probably a bluetooth tranceiver somewhere.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Did you see this unit? Looks pretty easy.
http://www.ajprindle.com/products/sk...%2Bup%2Bcamera

Old 12-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have a backup camera installed into my Kenwood DXC7100 headunit . It works when I shift into "R" and turns off when it is not in "R". The radio continues to play when the back up camera display is present on the headunit screen. I considered the backup camera safety item and told the local installer, I had to have this item. I have the Kenwood backup camera.

I removed the stock Ford Mach system (7 speaker setup). There was no RCA plug in the back of this unit for a backup camera. The display in the stock headunit could not display this information as it was configured.

Quick Reply: Backup camera

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands